A good rang finder

brittonp83

Six Pointer
I have a Redfield that I like pretty good. I used a Leupold that was comparable price wise but I didn't like the fact that the numbers for yardage were displayed side ways.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nikon Aculon is the best no frills, just get the yardage rangefinder I've saw. Amazon had it for $109 a month ago when I got my Dad one. I have a Leupold RX-1000 DNA TBR and it's super nice but it's also $350.

Edited to say, that I have tested the Aculon to 300 yards on deer and it did okay. Much past that ranging the ground beside them is a lot more accurate.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Look on ebay for the Nikon rangefinders or Leupolds. I have had good luck there.
The nikon have a slight edge IMO, and are easier to see in dim light.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Look on ebay for the Nikon rangefinders or Leupolds. I have had good luck there.
The nikon have a slight edge IMO, and are easier to see in dim light.

The new Leupold RX-800 and RX-1000 have red LED crosshairs and yardage displays in them. This is the main reason I upgraded.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
I trust your judgment Mark, but is there more to this?

I agree with mjbrady. I've had nothing but issues with Wildgame products and will not waste my money on another. I don't personally have experience with their rangefinders but their game cams are garbage. Never had one last more than the warranty.

To the OP, I've got a Simmons 550 that's about $129 that works great for me. It's accurate and relatively compact.

Last edited:

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
I trust your judgment Mark, but is there more to this?

This is one of those trust me moments. You can find better, will cost you more, but way worth it in the long term. Id say Vortex but out of your budget right now(but has a lifetime warranty).

Last edited: