Guns with "history"

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anybody got any guns with an interesting history?

I have a .300 Win Mag that has taken critters on 6 continents.

Not by me unfortunately, by the elderly gentleman who was the original owner.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yes several that came back from the great war of northern aggression and other wars like WWII that helped a few people that I knew make it back......

btw they have also taken critters on a few continents. .

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My grandfather sent back a Japanese Arisaka in pieces and reassembled it when he got back home................ Mum still intact.
Also sent back an officers sword (my uncle and I are still debating who this belongs to)

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Aside from my grandpas old Winchester-Cooey arms .410 that he killed all of his rabbit and squirrels with growing up, no.

junkman

I have a Colt model 1911 manufactured in 1911. It was carried by someone in WW1 . In WW2 it was carried again into war. It was rebuilt using a Remington Rand slide and reissued in the Korean conflict. An uncle of a friend of my fathers carried this gun then and brought it home with him.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I personally dont have any. My grandfather has several that are awesome. My favorite is his fathers colt 1911 manufactured in 1911 and he carried it in WW1 in the trenches. He brought it back from the war and gave it to my grandfather. He also has a old cowboy revolver .44 and .38 derringer.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We used to build custom rifles on CZ-24 actions that had obviously seen action. I always hated to break down a perfectly good rifle to build something that may or may not ever get used. I much preferred to buy a Remington or Dakota action in the white unless the customer specified they wanted a Mauser action.
I've still got a couple of really good CZ-24's that I put aside due to their condition, I've always wondered if they were used to harm any of our hero's in WWII .

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I still have my Grandpa's old .12 gauge single barrel made by the Bridge Gun Company that he bought sometime about when WWI was going on. Other than that, nothing...

w4sar

Six Pointer
I have a 1942 Vintage M1903 manufactured by Remington just before they switched to the "03-A3". At 100 yards from a rest it groups 1-3/4 inches using the iron sights. I used it to take 3 deer so far when the scope was out of alignment on my Savage 110. Two of those shots were at 85 yards.

For fun, later this season I may take out my 1902 vintage Krag-Jorgensen. Not a flat shooter so I'd try closer shots.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My son killed his first deer 2 seasons ago with his grandma's old Mossberg .410 bolt gun and a 1/4 oz Federal slug. I don't know who was more excited... grandma when we told her, or my son. They came here in 1951 and money was really tight for them. Grandma would go hunt rabbits and squirrels for dinner with that gun while grandpa milked cows.

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have an Ithaca DeerSlayer 12ga from my Grandfather before the company was sold and no longer manufactured in Ithaca NY. Nothing to exciting with a good story.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
History is history... whether it means anything to anyone else is irrelevant.

If it has a history that is significant to YOU... thats all that matters.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Friend of mine has an old German sniper rifle his grandpa shot the scope out of. Two of my shotguns belonged to my great-grandfather, which makes them priceless to me.