Another Albie Trip for the books (pic heavy)

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Spent 5 days down in Morehead last weekend for our second albie trip of the season. Weather was perfect with the exception of Sunday, we got blown out. Probably could have fished it but would have gotten our butts kicked. Saturday and Monday were filled with plenty of 8-12lb fish but Tuesday the big boys moved in. 18-25lb fish were the norm. We hooked a Blackfin that would have gone 30 on Tuesday morning 4 miles off the cape. That's a first for me that close in. Lost it at the boat when the hook pulled after an hour fight, heart breaking. Saw plenty of kings casing bait everyday but was unable to stick one on the fly.
If you have never fished for albies before I highly recommend you do this at some point. This our 7th year fishing them and I cant get enough. If the weather is good a sturdy CC in the 18-21' range is all you need.

The gear

The Bait

The Fish

23mako

Ten Pointer
Nice work. I am waiting on the big boys to come around this month. Hopefully they will show in good numbers like the smaller ones did in Oct.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
From what I saw the big guys are showing up really well. I have a feeling the blow they have had probably messed things up for a while