Not Bad For 50+ Year Old Rifle

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Get it shooting for him. A gun that is never shot may as well be a pry bar.............................................

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Get it shooting for him. A gun that is never shot may as well be a pry bar.............................................

I'll get my nephew (my brother's son) to get it shooting. He does all the reloading for us. Likely not in the near future since he just bought 80 acres and is in the process of building his own house.

I figure it's my brother's issue since I chose the Winchester 1894 .30 WCF when given the choice of guns.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Bet there's not another one of these on the thread, 99 in .358 Winchester...

408810172.jpg

408810173.jpg

you lost that bet,,,,I have a 99 in .358,,,only thing I have killed with it (so far) was a bobcat down at Conman's a while ago (like a decade!),,,,,,maybe this week I will get them all out of the safe and take some pictures,,,,,

Last edited:

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
you lost that bet,,,,I have a 99 in .358,,,only thing I have killed with it (so far) was a bobcat down at Conman's a while ago (like a decade!),,,,,,maybe this week I will get them all out of the safe and take some pictures,,,,,

I still say we need to all get together and have our own local Savage Fest!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bet no one had taken a file to the top of theirs like Daddy did so the Weaver 4x12 would fit on top. don't know exactly what he was thinking but he did it. I mean the thing was just about brand spanking new.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I bet no one had taken a file to the top of theirs like Daddy did so the Weaver 4x12 would fit on top. don't know exactly what he was thinking but he did it. I mean the thing was just about brand spanking new.

He was thinking the same thing that most of the last generation thought; "This is what I have and I have to make it work." My dad and grandads called it "making do."

<>< Fish

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Maybe no photo but I can assure you that if WM says that he has one, he does.
I held a 99/358 once but could not bring myself to put the price of 3 rifles into it.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
do I need to take pictures of the caliber on the barrel and the boxes of ammo to satisfy you? bwahahaha!
Hoped this would get you to post a pic, and it worked!! No, I can tell from your picture it is one of the big bores...:)...