johnston county hunt clubs

silveradoboy

ive been looking for a club to join in the Johnston county area for the last 3 years and this year I actually found a club but I don't know how to get in touch with any of the members. the land they hunt is right behind my house. does anyone know of a good way to get up with members? I know names of 4 people but don't know numbers. the name of the club is Rock Bottom Hunt Club.

thanks for the advice

silveradoboy

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
You can try going to the GIS site and searching for the name. If they own property it will give you an address and you can go from there. Check with your adjoining landowner and see what they know.

BigCountry40

Six Pointer
I live right on the wayne/Johnston county line, this is a rough area to get leases or join a club. Big money because of demographic and development, there is a club down the road from me in Johnston county that is closing after this year (unofficially).

silveradoboy

You can try going to the GIS site and searching for the name. If they own property it will give you an address and you can go from there. Check with your adjoining landowner and see what they know.

I check the Johnston county gis site and it tells me the land is owned by a family trust so im not sure who owns it. but I did talk to a person who was doing work in the field Friday and they said the whole farm was leased out.

silveradoboy

silveradoboy

I live right on the wayne/Johnston county line, this is a rough area to get leases or join a club. Big money because of demographic and development, there is a club down the road from me in Johnston county that is closing after this year (unofficially).

that's what im afraid of. im not looking to spend in the 1500-2500 range but im willing to drive to wayne, harnett area in hope to find a club.

silveradoboy

silveradoboy

Good luck... Most places around here are locked down tighter than most prisons

that's what im finding out. im just getting tired of driving down to cape fear river in chatham county to go hunting or out to uwharrie to go. I want something closer.

silveradoboy

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
^^^^^^A lot of folks on here from Johnston County that cannot find places to hunt there.

silveradoboy

^^^^^^A lot of folks on here from Johnston County that cannot find places to hunt there.

that is very true.

how do I find a club to join? and like it said im looking for somewhere closer then 1 hour away.

silveradoboy

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
that is very true.

how do I find a club to join? and like it said im looking for somewhere closer then 1 hour away.

silveradoboy

I wish I had an answer for you. I am in the same situation in Alamance County. The majority of the private land is leased and the clubs are full. I have been driving 3 hours north to VA to hunt this year.

silveradoboy

have you tried down in the northern part of uwharrie?

silveradoboy

BigCountry40

Six Pointer
Uwharrie how far is that from Rosewood/wayne-Johnston county line? Next year would ya'll want to meet up as a group and hunt that public land as a group try to save some gas money possibly (one weekend a month)? I have found that majority of the game lands are great distances from me.

Last edited:

silveradoboy

Uwharrie how far is that from Rosewood/wayne-Johnston county line? Next year would ya'll want to meet up as a group and hunt that public land as a group try to save some gas money possibly (one weekend a month)? I have found that majority of the game lands are great distances from me.

from the Smithfield airport I can be in troy which is the southern part of the gamelands it takes me about 2.5ish hours. I normally leave like 6 and get there around 8ish so I guess that makes it 2ish hours. I like going up there its really pretty but I need to do some more scouting to figure out the patterns and spots that they hangout in. I usually only go squirrel hunting up there but id love to do some deer hunting up there some time.

I normally take 70 to tryon road, tryon to us1, us1 to 15-501 in Sanford to carthage then take 24-27 out to troy.

silveradoboy

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
how much is paradise to join do you know?

silveradoboy

was a joke because of the price....I dont even know if they still exist but they had a lot of land it was thousands of dollars....more than 10 if my memory is correct. I was asked to join by a member but when i found out how much it was I passed. It was 20 yeras or more ago by if i recall correctly the amount was really high cause that boghtt you stock in the club or you were part owner of some of the land they had. Something like that. I didnt have the money then and the guy who offered to get me in has dropped out

Last edited:

silveradoboy

Anyone want to start working on getting something started? maybe if we can get 5 or so of us together maybe we can get something going by next fall

silveradoboy

newlifetaxidermy

Good luck fellas. Finding someone who will lease you some land in JoCo is pretty tough.

bellabarrie

Eight Pointer
It doesn't matter to me. I'm near the JoCo airport so either Clayton or Smithfield is convenient. Any preferences?

silveradoboy

same with me, I live like 2 miles from the airport

silveradoboy

silveradoboy

did you happen to message any of the other people in the thread that said theyd like to join something?

silveradoboy