johnston county hunt clubs

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
If you can get a decent group together then just bite the bullet, go to the bank, borrow some $$ and buy some land. I know guys that drive around in $35K (plus) trucks and shoot 1K guns and complain about not having a place to hunt. Whose fault is that? Some friends and I have leased parcels for years and it seems like every time we find a decent place the lease doubles, the land is sold, or something. If we would have individually borrowed $30K apiece 10 years ago (that would have been $300K for the 10 of us) we would own it free and clear now. All of the guys I hunt with would have no problem borrowing 30K. They have the equity in their homes. A friend and I bought a small parcel a few years back and we kill deer on it every year. And no one can tell us what to do. And we don't let anyone hunt on it either. We tell them to go and buy their own land. If we can do it, they can do it too. ;)

Here's one!

http://www.landwatch.com/Johnston-County-North-Carolina-Land-for-sale/pid/200413392

Last edited:

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
If you can get a decent group together then just bite the bullet, go to the bank, borrow some $$ and buy some land. I know guys that drive around in $35K (plus) trucks and shoot 1K guns and complain about not having a place to hunt. Whose fault is that? Some friends and I have leased parcels for years and it seems like every time we find a decent place the lease doubles, the land is sold, or something. If we would have individually borrowed $30K apiece 10 years ago (that would have been $300K for the 10 of us) we would own it free and clear now. All of the guys I hunt with would have no problem borrowing 30K. They have the equity in their homes. A friend and I bought a small parcel a few years back and we kill deer on it every year. And no one can tell us what to do. And we don't let anyone hunt on it either. We tell them to go and buy their own land. If we can do it, they can do it too. ;)

Here's one!

http://www.landwatch.com/Johnston-County-North-Carolina-Land-for-sale/pid/200413392

That is a recipe for disaster. First person to get hurt feelings will cause a lot of butt ache for everybody else on the note.

brittonp83

Six Pointer

Here's one!

I drive myself mad looking at those listings. I'm not comfortable enough financially to put together the 20% down off hand. I always start thinking about selling my house to get on 200+ in Franklin, Nash, Wayne, or Sampson. Course then the wife wouldn't want to leave Raleigh.

silveradoboy

Not yet. Feel free! :)

I have several irons in the fire today but can sit down later to contact everyone.

This could be exciting.

I just sent the ones I saw who were interested a pm so we will see

silveradoboy

silveradoboy

to the people i pm'd im going to have to pull out of creating a club since financially i wont be able to do it right now, id still want to get a club started but do to some unforeseen circumstances i wont be able to pay any dues right now.

just wanted to let everyone know

silveradoboy