Any Bourbon drinkers..?

wardy

Ten Pointer
Just
wondering if there's anyone else whom enjoys a "Quality" or Durn Good Bourbon.....Makers Mark Std. And 46 have been a favorite for a while now, bought some Wild Turkey 81 and have taken a liking to it, very much :D but bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace the other day and have to say, its a great Bourbon!

Wrong section? Am I late? Already been discussed...? :)

Via Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Craig@NC

I think there was a huge thread on this before. One of the gentlemen here has quite the collection. You might search just to find the photos. I'm a bourbon fan myself.

PWR-WGN

Big bourbon fan myself. If I'm mixing, its usually Elijah Craig 12 year. If I'm sipping its probably Knob Creek or Blantons.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
not a big one but will dabble in some makers mark.
did anyone see in the news a while back this couple had passed in Kenucky and had a primo bourbon collection. I guess the caretaker of the estate had a penchant for fine bourbon as well. they found empty bottles littered all over the grounds. He was in big trouble sampled some pricey vintage stuff.

NCGunDude

Eight Pointer
Switched recently from Early Times 80 to Ezra Brooks 90. If it's oak aged, on the rocks is fine with me.

Any links for the above mentioned story and thread?

Foothillsd1

Six Pointer
Im a fan. I agree wild turkey 81 is a solid bourbon. For mixing im partial to Old grandad, Ancient Age, or Old Forrester.old Charter was good but I havent seen it around lately. For sipping I like Blantons, Knob creek, Jefferson Reserve. Best value overall is Elijah craigs 12 year, cant beat it for the price. I havent been able to get into the Pappy hype. However, I would love to try one call George Stag(not the Jr.) ive heard good things.

BaijPole

Six Pointer
On the last bourbon thread the guy with the huge collection and wealth of knowledge was Goshen, I think. Loved Elijah Craig 18 yr before they stopped making it. Wanting to try Four Roses and Weller. I called up the Wake county ABC dept August 2013 to ask about Pappy availability and they said Wake county gets one shipment a year in Oct and I was put on the list, lucky #272. Called this October, no luck, only got 120 bottles for all of Wake county....so I guess I might not get it next year either....oh well....it may be a rehash of an old thread but I do enjoy the topic.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Evan Williams 1783 is the best bottle for the money. Awesome on the rocks and only 25/half gallon. Elijah Craig used to be my go to but they have really raised the price on it.

Duke Blue

Banned
Speaking of Maker's Mark, their mint julep is very good. I prefer rye whiskey, but will never turn down a good bourbon. Sippers should try Ten Cane rum just once, too

Last edited:

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I've been a Maker's Mark drinker for years but have "broadened my horizons" in the last few to include Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve and of late my favorite sippin' bourbon is Basil Hayden's.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I enjoy a good bourbon from time to time, like Eagle Rare 17.

But my bar is well stocked with Rye Whiskey. Jeffersons, Bullet, James Pepper, WT, Sazerac, Old Overholt, Knob Creek...and I'm constantly looking for some Whistlepig!

sent from wherever i is

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I picked up some single barrel bullit and SB Knob Creek.
they are real good along with the rest talked.about.

BiggestSpikeYouEverSeen

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just
wondering if there's anyone else whom enjoys a "Quality" or Durn Good Bourbon.....Makers Mark Std. And 46 have been a favorite for a while now, bought some Wild Turkey 81 and have taken a liking to it, very much :D but bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace the other day and have to say, its a great Bourbon!

Wrong section? Am I late? Already been discussed...? :)

I think Makers is the best thing out there. Personally, I like the Std better than the 46. But if you are out to try some other good ones, give Knob Creek a try some time. I don't drink that often anymore, but there is a bottle of Makers in the cabinet for those special nights!

skydog

My go to 'everyday' type bourbons are Bulleit and Sam Houston. Sam Houston is not that widely known but I would recommend anyone give it a try.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Knob creek 9 year and wild turkey rare breed are my normal go to, buffalo trace is also pretty good, drank my fair share of makers mark as well

Southside

Ten Pointer
Recently tried Basil Hayden's. Very good burbon but to pricey for me. Either George Dickel or Wild Turkey for the everyday " go to" drink.

wardy

Ten Pointer
Sounds like I will have to get a bottle of Knob Creek...lol. Also I have Four Rose's SB on the radar and the next trip to ABC store I'll get either or.....may even get both!

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I have heard good things about the Buffalo Trace but my go to is Knob Creek.

A buddy gave me a bottle a couple years ago and I found it as smooth as makers without the caramel finish that makers is so known for. And it is in the same price range as makers.

Craig@NC

Sounds like I will have to get a bottle of Knob Creek...lol. Also I have Four Rose's SB on the radar and the next trip to ABC store I'll get either or.....may even get both!

Four Roses is a good bet given the selection at the ABC I sometimes visit. I think it's pretty good. I prefer it to a lot of more expensive bourbons.

Natural Flight Ryan

You and I both know there is only two things for sale in the liquor store in RR. Early Times and Wild Irish Rose. Which one are you?