Robert Brown Ph.D "Blast" Representative Roger West

Wildlifepro51

The Deer Farmers "PETA" Plan was pulled right off deerforum.com, not sure how that makes one a "liar"? Because you can never deliver any facts on a subject relating to this thread on captive cervids and or deer farming. Again you add in wording or change words to fit your agenda. I have the original text that Russell sent to me yesterday and it does not contain all the highlighted peta crap you added in. If you had any first hand knowledge of that agribusiness industry I could possibly understand your single sided negative rants, But You DONT and that why you have 0 credibility with me and others. Your cartoons and copy paste shows the very truth of a uninformed individual But again it what dick and your bunch do.

Wildlifepro51

"DENR may be in the forefront quicker than expected after Monday !!"

We are a State of laws, to object to one holding all accountable to our States laws is your opinion!

An attempt and continue to undermine the 1947 Wildlife Commission "Charter" is nothing more than blatant disrespect to our States Democratic Process, (rewind to $hort $ession & Rep. West $lippery Pork Bill).

A move to place WRC under DENER can be compared to President Obama and his "Pen"!!

After-all, "Pens" are the common parallel.

Who said anything about wrc being under DENR, WRC may be a thing of the past.. And will hurt a lot of folks feelings if it happens. Why don't you show us where wrc has the legal authority to defy a law that was signed into effect by the Governor ?

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for clearing that up for him.LD Yes free range animals are supposed to be held in public trust and managed by the state..

So what's your beef then. We agree that Whitetail Deer and Elk (Captive Cervids) can not be held in Captivity for "Commercial Purposes".

WRC just allowed for the expansion of Pen's relative to "Farmed Raised Cervids" (Exotics) so it seems all is good.

If so can "YOU" have DENER give WRC back???

Last edited:

Wildlifepro51

Again you distort things, I said free range, What farmers have on their private land and raise is not free range and is agribusiness and not subject to the PTD or regulated by wildlife.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Again you distort things, I said free range, What farmers have on their private land and raise is not free range and is agribusiness and not subject to the PTD or regulated by wildlife.

Not sure about Mississippi, but up here in North Carolina the definition of Wildlife is very clear. Otherwise Indistinguishable behind a fence / Captivity or "Free Range" (in the wild).

That's well defined thus Whitetail Deer and Elk are Wildlife or further defined when temporarily held in captivity for rehabilitation purposes the law defines as (Captive Cervids).

Respectfully, I admire your passion and what you bring to the discussion.

Last edited:

BR549

Twelve Pointer

There are 37 licensed captive cervid facilities in North Carolina. Some are zoos or zoo-type facilities that aren’t farming cervids in the truest sense. The majority of the rest are hobbyists.

Given the above how many Deer Pen Operators does NC really have?

BR549

Twelve Pointer
How did a Captive Deer from a "Quarantined" CWD Positive Deer Pen in Ohio get out into the "Wild" population??

Many followers of this most intresting thread may share the same curiosity as I do... Under what agencys watch did this "Chronic" Breach Occur??

Wildlife Commission or Dept of Agriculture??

Wildlifepro51

I have the correct answers , Why don't you try answering questions posed to you, Oh that's right you will not answer direct questions you just redirect. . I don't see the many followers you claim posting on here ??? Where are they at?? Go back and read where it shows where CWD first started and how it was spread earlier in this thread and you will have your answer.
Again you have 0 credibility and no experience in this industry, You just lobby for dick and his bunch that are afraid to come out in open media and answer to statements they make/ Pretty Cowardly in my book.. That lame letter you pm me at thanksgiving thanking me for my service to my country and the rest of the crap you said to me was a poor attempt at trying to act human. Your just a liberal pot stirrer and create negative conflict without proper knowledge of the business. You can take your Pm you sent me and shove it up your :donk for all I care. Its your kind of people that have this country in the situation it is now.

Wildlifepro51

Many followers of this most intresting thread may share the same curiosity as I do... Under what agencys watch did this "Chronic" Breach Occur??

Wildlife Commission or Dept of Agriculture??

Again you distort truth, No captive deer from Ohio got into the wild population. Screw you dude and your misinformation and poor attempts at trying to mislead people.

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Operation "Something Else Brewing"...

"You seem to remain "Mum" on the fact above that Whitetail Deer are owned by all of the NC Public as Public Trust Assets and managed by the State. Thus they can not be owned by an Individual".

"#8 Wild Rivers Whitetails
1,303 posts
Posted November 24 2014 - 08:48 AM
The first thing is to change the language. They are farmed cervids, not wildlife!! Wildlife agencies do not have vets, are not experts in diseases and know nothing about raising deer! They may think they know about deer, but they don't!
Hershey's Huntin Haven, Bell and Deer MGR 200 like this

#9 Deer MGR 200
Advanced Member
89 posts
Posted November 24 2014 - 07:55 PM
Exactly correct Wild Rivers , I see it several states I work in. And yes the language needs to be changed. Ive got a plan brewing!!

DE OPPRESSO LIBER"

Looks like some else agrees and understands the law rather well...

flounder9

Last edited by a moderator: