Dog Question - General Health

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Question for the dog guys out there. My German Shorthair has an issue going on with one of his nostrils. It is turning very pink and shows a little blood at times. Not sure if he got into it with our Great Dane and things got rough or what. Does not seem to be tender, but it is getting progressively more pink, there's a little blood, and that side of his nose pad seems to be a little dry on that side.

Should I just put vaseline on it and see? I think he will just lick it off....

Anyone have any thoughts?

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
I guess I will take him in on Monday. Sucks to have a vet bill now, being unemployed. But I want to make sure hes okay

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I guess I will take him in on Monday. Sucks to have a vet bill now, being unemployed. But I want to make sure hes okay

I sure know what you mean about a Vet bill having 2 Dogs here. I hope you can find work soon being unemployed does suck big time...Hopefully your Pup doesn't have anything that is serious but you never know. I guess I would spend my last dollar on my Dog they are part of our family..

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
find a local pet store that sells a product called zymox. they make a creame and a spray and works on most wounds, irritations, hot spots etc. it use to be a vet only product and is same as prescription just different package and a fraction of the cost. it is also safe if the dog licks the product.

Last edited: