11-23 Sunday Funday

tptrux11

Heading out here in Gaston County hoping I can catch some movement this morning before the rain sets in. Anybody with me?! Good luck fellas!

chrisj0616

Wishing I was. I'm stuck at work and gotta be back tonight

tptrux11

This bold old pine my ladder is in is serving as an incredible umbrella!

Padrak92

Button Buck
Been settled in for about 30 minutes. Turkeys are out, crows are everywhere, now its time for some deer movement.

farmboyhunter

Ten Pointer
Hopefully my birthday will bring a little luck today. No rain in Davidson County yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DADOGG14

Eight Pointer
Called in a 3 yr old 10 point after first light, will be a stud next year. Hope to see one a little older.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Happy birthday, farmboyhunter. Good luck, everyone. I can't stay out much longer, but where I am won't likely produce much longer anyway.

Haven't heard any shots in my part of Orange County, thankfully, but have had my share in the past.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Let me give you guys that are out this rainy morning a lil hope.!when we went to ohio, the weather was awesome all week except for one day. Forecasted rain, I went anyway and it rained hard and produced hail and sleet. I stuck it out( I wasn't sure why) and I ended up killing the only buck in camp that week and it was my biggest to date.

camsloop

Had ALOT of activity minutes before LST, had a doe slip by out of range before rain became steady at 7, and just about mowed down 6 does on the way to the property. Bucks were on the move in rowan this morning. Buck made a scrape at Buddy's stand under his tinks scent bomb around 6

Last edited:

dph

Button Buck
2nd shot I've heard this morning, am I missing something!?

If you're hunting near Fort Bragg it's legal...CAT 1 hunters can gun hunt Bragg on Sundays since it is federal land. Besides that, it's the 1% giving the law-abiding 99% a bad reputation.

OnslowDeerMan

If you're hunting near Fort Bragg it's legal...CAT 1 hunters can gun hunt Bragg on Sundays since it is federal land. Besides that, it's the 1% giving the law-abiding 99% a bad reputation.

Same with Camp Lejeune from what I've heard

lilbilly

Headed out now for my last hunt of november. Heading to Michigan Tuesday. When I return it's going to be open doe season.

lilbilly

Got a little button head that can't weigh anymore than 35 lbs at my corn right now.

BigStrutter

Twelve Pointer
Why does every single gun shot have to be someone shooting a deer? I read this comment everyday on here. Even during off season months. Smh

Ned

OnslowDeerMan

I made a post like that awhile back, but only because the club on the property next to mine was running dogs on a Sunday, turned out they were running deer. Game warden informed me after he found out.

OrangeCo

Yeah, he was probably sighting in at 1st shooting light :)

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah, he was probably sighting in at 1st shooting light :)
Yeah .... that's the best way to so it, right??? One shot at 1st shooting light, one shot at last shooting light. Mostly during archery only season and on Sundays works the best as well. :rolleyes: ;)

BigStrutter

Twelve Pointer
I made a post like that awhile back, but only because the club on the property next to mine was running dogs on a Sunday, turned out they were running deer. Game warden informed me after he found out.
Yours was a totally different scenario and you did right. I'm just amused at all the 100% guaranteed certainty that goes on. Is it probable? Yes...can you say for certain? Nope

Ned