This guy must be Awesome!!! Pics!!!

cummins59

Eight Pointer
Well, I got this pic from a couple friends today. This guy supposedly killed another Giant P&Y from North Carolina. I'm being told this one came from Yadkin County according to the hunter. This is the same guy who supposedly killed a 170 inch deer in Davie County earlier this year as well as 30 other P&Y deer over his hunting career. I believe he claims to have killed another 160-170 inch deer last year from Yadkin County as well. I guess he knows something that the rest of us haven't figured out yet. :confused:

Last edited:

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
I think in the story I read about him he's a taxidermist. Maybe? Most taxidermist I know and have met kill deer like this all the time. Alot of time in the woods during the best parts of hunting season. Great deer!

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
I like the pic you posted there with the Tutle buck. Shows how big that deer really is! Love those long tines....

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I think in the story I read about him he's a taxidermist. Maybe? Most taxidermist I know and have met kill deer like this all the time. Alot of time in the woods during the best parts of hunting season. Great deer!

How does a taxidermist get lots of time in the woods during the best parts of hunting season?

cummins59

Eight Pointer
I've never met anyone that kills these types of bucks year after year in NC regardless of their profession. Most people would find it difficult to accomplish this while hunting in a midwestern state.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know if he's legit, but if you have time and money you can do it in NC. NC is capable of bucks like that year after year. And when you say 30 P&Y bucks are you talking NC bucks?

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Unless he is hunting some of the best land in the state on a regular basis then he has some sort of secretthe rest of us dont know about. Anyway those are all monsters!

cummins59

Eight Pointer
As far as the 30 P&Y bucks go I'm sure they aren't all from NC. This guy is from Ohio and still has land up there from what I understand. I just know for the last several years he seems to kill P&Y bucks from areas in NC where nobody else ever sees one (even on trail cam). I know because myself and many of my close friends hunt the same areas every year.

cummins59

Eight Pointer
Also, these deer are not being killed in "big buck" areas of the state like Rockingham, Stokes, Person, and others. They are coming from areas that almost never have a P&Y entry at the DDC.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know if he's legit, but if you have time and money you can do it in NC. NC is capable of bucks like that year after year. And when you say 30 P&Y bucks are you talking NC bucks?

By you can do it, I mean a P&Y buck every year in NC, thats possible. This 170 inch stuff isn't gonna happen year after year with a bow in NC

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Had a car salesmen bring out a book at his lot and show me all the bucks he had killed few years ago. He also told me how he uses night vision goggles to scout, you be the judge on that.

Last edited:

cummins59

Eight Pointer
I agree with you Bowhuntingrook. While difficult, I believe a P&Y (125 inch) deer is possible in NC if you have the right property and management. These aren't just P&Y's though. They are 150, 160, and 170 inch deer.

OnslowDeerMan

He is a Taxidermist, and most of his P&Y bucks came from Ohio, although he's killed some monsters here in NC. From what I've heard he puts in lots of time and effort so I don't want to bash the guy, as I don't know the details behind any of his bucks. I do know that Taxidermists often times get some pretty prime hunting spots in exchange for taxidermy work. If your getting lots of deer mounted you've gotta have some prime hunting land lol.

Last edited:

cummins59

Eight Pointer
Maybe I should go into taxidermy then. I've been here my whole life and I've never been able get hunting land like he must have.

DeerJerky

Six Pointer
Contributor
Well, I've hunted various parts of Yadkin county for the last 20+ years and have many friends that have as well and none of us have yet to even get a picture of ONE deer of that caliber. I have serious doubts about this deer coming from Yadkin County but that's just me.
If I was a betting man, I would say we haven't heard the last of this guy.
dj

Last edited:
I have lived and hunted in arguably the best part of Yadkin County my entire life and I have never even seen a picture of a deer like anything this guy kills. It's just odd that I can spend the better part of 2 months in the woods every year and never see deer like this but one person is able to kill them year after year.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Another great buck for that guy but I wish someone would tell him to shave off the goatee......

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Guy has figured out where lightning will strike on a cloud free day...not once but multiple times in the same year in NC

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
How does a taxidermist get lots of time in the woods during the best parts of hunting season?

I'm wasn't meaning all of them but the few I know hunt everyday during the rut and outside of that they hunt almost anytime they want. Their business is set up so you drop your deer off and when they get in they work on what's there. I also know one that had to quit hunting because he was so busy.
One in thomasville in particular has a wall of deer you'd just wanna stand and look at forever. Lol He goes almost everyday and has some huge deer on the wall because of it. Biggest key to killing big deer IMO is time in the woods with them. Alot of other variables but time in the woods is very important.

Clayton Yankee

Buckeye deer that rode to NC in the back of the truck under a tarp. Dont be fools, you all know it, just say it........

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah my taxidermist has killed some monsters but nothing that big around here. He does get to spend a lot of time in the woods as well

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody got the link to the old thread we had going about this guy? Will save some detective work.

Last edited:

jboi72

Eight Pointer
Something is fishy about this, and to me the rack on the first buck he shot this year is very similar to a pen raised northern deer, but that's just my opinion. I hope he has done it all legally and these are actual NC deer though.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
All a fellow needs is a yeti suit, night vision, and a good bow to hunt with...everybody knows this state is full of deer that big.