A Question For The Nerds

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. For Verizon. Earlier today while driving around I noticed the battery was getting low. So, I plugged it into a USB charger and plugged that into my car's outlet. Now, for some reason, when it's charging from the car, I get a red X icon over the battery icon on my phones notification bar. I have never had this happen before. I really don't know what to make of it. I use my car to charge my cell phone all the time, so this is kind of a big deal for me. I'm just concerned if it's doing harm to my battery. The phone seems to still charge up, but it's not worth it if its going to overall damage my phone. Have any of you had this happen? If so, is it a major issue or nothing to worry about? Just a quick note, the plug-in I'm using has a 1 AMP port and a 2.1 AMP port. I tried both and only the 1 AMP port works with my phone. Not sure if that matters or not, but, I thought it may help.

-Thanks

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Make sure your charger is a legit one from a good company. Saving a few bucks buying a crappy foreign-made charger on eBay can screw up your phone...