Savage 99 e 308

bluetick

Spike
I have a savage 99 e that I bought new in 1972 ,can not find any information about ,It has a full octagon barrel ,brass rotary magazine ,brass lever brass butt plate and front sight blade also has savage indian emblem in stock ,anyone know anything about this gun?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Not sure what your wanting to know about it,,, you know the model etc already. Pretty sure that if new in 73 it is considered a 99E Carbine, production years were 1960-1982.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
It must have been a new old stock rifle or something custom made. Savage quit using the brass rotor and counter before then. My 1967 99E does not have those. What year was yours made? Look for the letter stamped on the lever boss and look for the date here.

http://www.savage99.com/savage99_dates.htm

<>< Fish

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
After doing a little digging it sounds like it is a Savage 1895 75th Anniversary Commemorative model.

<>< Fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
After doing a little digging it sounds like it is a Savage 1895 75th Anniversary Commemorative model.

<>< Fish

good call,,,was wondering on that octagon barrel for that year but was too lazy to look in my references,,,,,,,,