Nch&f Webb responding very slow

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Thx Tip.....I can access the site from my phone but my PC and my nook are almost impossible to get on the site with.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It wouldn't even let me post this week, kept asking if I wanted to leave the page when I tried....let's see what happens this time.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The site seems to work fine for me at work, but at home, I'm having the same problems as Longrifle. I'm with centurylink at home. Here at the office, I think we have suddenlink.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Have you guys updated the data base with the premium password? I thought it was gave out during chat Thursday?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
First time I've tried logging in with my phone, seems to be up to speed. It woUldn't let me post with my home PC.....

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok. Ive taken the server down, reindexed and optimized the database and rebuilt the system cache. I haven't seen any problems with speed on my side and neither have most of the admins.

If you notice that the site is slow, please post the following:

1) Total number of users logged onto the forum (available on the main forum page at the bottom)
2) The time of day
3) Your internet provider
4) Your score when running the following diagnostic: http://www.speedtest.net/

(As a reference, my diagnostic results are:
Ping: 14 ms
Download speed: 30.45 Mbps
Upload speed: 3.10 Mbps)

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My problem seems to be my isp. If I turn off WiFi it works fine on my phone. It is crawling through CenturyLink on phone or laptop. CenturyLink dsl.
No problem on other sites.

Last edited:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
10-12 seconds for the site to open the main page

28 users
ping=26
DL=23.0
UL=1.98
AT&T

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just checked in via Verizon ( my iPhone ) and everything is very fast

Last edited:

OBJoyful

Spike
94 users
9:54 pm
Centurylink DSL (android tablet via WiFi)
ping 69
DL 1.25
UL 0.45

I don't usually have a fast connection, I think these numbers are about average for me. This site is the only one I've been visiting where the load times seem so abnormally slow. Thanks!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I assume it must be the sorry Centurylink DSL here at the house. It works fine at the office with our fiber optic connection.

straightline

Ten Pointer
On the desktop version mine is fine but through Tapatalk it is terrible. Maybe it is my phone but it has been that way for a couple of months.

96 users online

Last edited:

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
5:50 AM
10 users online
centurylink dsl
ping 27
dls 10.04 Mbps
uls 0.77Mbps

Still taking 15 to 20 seconds for a page to load and when trying to post I get the "leave this page" box.

Last edited: