( Pssssssttt..........hand me my 28ga Flintlock and a load of #5's... )

ditchbank

Banned
DO you just have a huge bag you carry with ya? I mean these photos are AWESOME! PM me the camera and lense you use...I want one!!

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
DO you just have a huge bag you carry with ya? I mean these photos are AWESOME! PM me the camera and lense you use...I want one!!

Not for hunting shots...its just a little Canon A540 Powershot point & shoot thing I bought 8-10 years ago.
Keep it in a little camo padded pouch in my hunting vest.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
That's a beautiful flintlock...I have never owned a flintlock, always wanted to get into black powder guns but never did. Too late for me now. Thanks for the pics..

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Sweet looking setup. Looks like you have taken more game with older firearms than I do with modern.....:)

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Beautiful weapon. I always love seeing your kill photos with the flintlocks in them.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Beautiful gun.

But do you actually have to shoot them or can you just reach out and knock em in the head. That sure is a loooooong gun. LOL.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
But do you actually have to shoot them or can you just reach out and knock em in the head. That sure is a loooooong gun. LOL.

LOL...42" barrel.
In the time period before this 1770's Early Virginia, barrels often ran even longer, like 48" and 52".
Smoothbore barrels on those guns were well before chokes were invented and were wide open cylinder bore all the way. And an interesting dynamic about shot loads out of long unchoked barrels is that they usually pattern tighter than shorter barrels...

Last edited: