Can you show me your natural blinds?

Rockhound

Eight Pointer
I'm looking to switch things up with my hunting. Wondering if you guys have gone in during the off-season and made some natural blinds from brush/logs/etc. I hunt gamelands primarily, so I don't want to buy anything and leave it out there. One reason I'm looking at this option is to just make it easier, getting sick of lugging that climber around :p

Do you have any photos? Show me some inspiration, would ya? I found an awesome spot today for a ground blind on my hike out, and it has me thinking of a cool spring project.

Note: I hunt with slugs, so don't expect any reg issues with hunting from the ground....

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I'm going to do the same thing basically except I will be using wood or pvc pipe.

w4sar

Six Pointer
I'm using a blowdown that forms a natural cage with a lot of dead leaves still on it, no additional work was needed.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

This might not be "natural" in the sense you are talking about. I used to have a blind made of logs / sticks / brush at this spot, and when it deteriorated I decided to do something that would last a little longer. So I made a frame of cedar logs and cover it each season with burlap and a camo net, then brush it in. I have shot deer several times as close as 5 yards from it. I'll try to take a picture of it in the next couple of days with the burlap/camo on.

View from in front:

Last edited:

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer

This might not be "natural" in the sense you are talking about. I used to have a blind made of logs / sticks / brush at this spot, and when it deteriorated I decided to do something that would last a little longer. So I made a frame of cedar logs and cover it each season with burlap and a camo net, then brush it in. I have shot deer several times as close as 5 yards from it. I'll try to take a picture of it in the next couple of days with the burlap/camo on.

View from in front:

aya28ga, good looking spot there....that is the best way to get in-out without being detected. If on a property with timber, landscape where you can see a distance as you can, a ground blind works better than climbing because you eliminate the noise factor of a climber and after a couple times up and down a tree they have your pattern.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is a not so good photo I took early this morning walking the dog to show the blind with the camo net on. I should have brushed it in but never got around to it, but the 6 point buck I shot from it at 10 yards in early November didn't seem to mind.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is a not so good photo I took early this morning walking the dog to show the blind with the camo net on. I should have brushed it in but never got around to it, but the 6 point buck I shot from it at 10 yards in early November didn't seem to mind.

that looks like a snake breeding area for sure :skeerd:

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
that looks like a snake breeding area for sure :skeerd:

Nope. I know they're around, but I've never seen a snake in it. I keep the inside clear of debris, and during the off-season I dismantle the camo. I worry more about two-legged snakes then I do the legless kind.