Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!

Crash

How many of you all jump?

Wanted to share a video of a very special friend of mine. We have played music together for several years and she has always wanted me to try a jump. I just can't seem to bring my self to jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

[video=youtube;m7EcLnKplLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m7EcLnKplLY[/video]

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
Gotta love her attitude.

Does jumping with this group of guys count? Loads of fun and get paid extra to do it.
US_Navy_040514-N-0295M-019_A_U_S__Air_Force_C-130_Hercules_drops_a_large_stick_of_paratroopers_assigned_to_the_U_S__Army_82n_zps33c0e293.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
video wouldn't work for me on this lame computer,,,,will check it later,,,,,

but yes,,,I jumped out of perfectly good aerial vessels (airplanes and helicopters of all sorts and three balloons!) for 26 years straight,,,,,,,,,when I retired I said I'm done,,,,,,,still eyeball the boys jumping around Bragg some but that thrill is gone from me now,,,,,,,,,,,to broken up anymore (back, shoulder, legs) to do that for FUN!!

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can't do it either. My GF did it, LOVED IT, and wants to do it again!! Shortly after her jump I installed a $700 cat back exhaust on my car. She said she would pay for it if I would jump with her....I said NO THANKS!!! LOL!!!!

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
She seems like a pretty cool person to hang around with.

The closest I've come to doing anything like that was when I fell off a ladder once and did the SkyJump at The Stratosphere in Vegas. Buddy of mine jumps all the time and has me almost convinced to go with him.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
That was on my bucket list.... 3 spinal fusions later,, and a 4th pending.... doesn't look like its gonna happen... not very smart...

Kool vid

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
We watch the Marine's jumping at Bogue Airfield out of Helicopter's and Osprey's every few months. I guess they are jumping to receive jump pay...Years ago in the Army the Airborne had to jump every 90 days to stay on jump status...

When I was in training up at Aberdeen Proving Grounds Maryland a group of us Army guys decided we wanted to go to airborne school. We all took the qualifying test and passed it about 20 of us. Only one out of our group got to go to Fort Benning, the rest of us were shipped out to Germany...

Last edited:

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
I have done it. Doctor told me not to do it anymore since I have a new acl but I will be doing again soon. I became addicted after the first jump.

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
video wouldn't work for me on this lame computer,,,,will check it later,,,,,

but yes,,,I jumped out of perfectly good aerial vessels (airplanes and helicopters of all sorts and three balloons!) for 26 years straight,,,,,,,,,when I retired I said I'm done,,,,,,,still eyeball the boys jumping around Bragg some but that thrill is gone from me now,,,,,,,,,,,to broken up anymore (back, shoulder, legs) to do that for FUN!!

You jump the balloons with the Belgian Army?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Im old enbough to now realize I'll never get to do jump using a wingsuit. That would appeal to me much much more than falling straight down.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I have taken off in thousands of planes that I also landed in but a few that I did take off in and NOT land in. I didn't like it a bit more the last time than I did the first time. LOL. Definitely not my cup of tea.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have been in a number of various conveyances that keep gravity at bay for periods of time including a balloon and a glider. But never have I had the slightest inclination to jump out of one of them.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Yall have more balls than me. I follow God's word from the Bible "LO(w) I am with you".

Last edited:

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
Made a few in the late 60's-early 70's,
T-10's and Mark I "PC's."
Got my tree landing done.

Hip and knees today wouldn't be good for it.

Fun though.

Oh, we were told there's no such thing as a
"perfectly" good airplane.
They're all mechanical flying machines,
subject to malfunctions.

Last edited:

Crash

Oh, we were told there's no such thing as a "perfectly" good airplane. They're all mechanical flying machines, subject to malfunctions.
I heard the same thing......but if it's maintaining altitude, it's perfectly good IMHO.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
In college the ROTC commander tried to talk me into joining the army and going airborne ,I said no way did i want to jump from an airplane, he said son what would you do if you were on a plane and the pilot ran into the back handed you chute and said we are crashing everyone needs to jump, I told him that I would go to the cockpit and take my first flying lessons

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Saying I always heard: "Any landing you can walk away from was a good landing." While I agree with that statement to a degree I'd much rather have the option of taking my time walking away from the aircraft and definitely prefer that method of exit over being drug out of a plane. Having said that there are times when your orders were to jump so you jumped.

Last edited: