If you visit Richmond VA

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
And have time to spare, go to Green Tops. It is a sporting goods store (hunting/fishing) that is very nice, reasonably priced and the staff knows what they are talking about!

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I have been trying to remember the name of that place. We passed it on way to kings dominion last month. Thanks

JayB

I always see it when driving south. I'll have to stop in there sometime. Thanks!

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
The new place is nice I stopped there last summer and went to their old place many times. In fact I think I bought at least two rifles there many years ago.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Here's the funny part: they used to be located in another building about a mile from there, and were so successful that Gander Mountain opened a store next to I95 to take their business. In a couple years the Gander Mountain went out of business, and Greentop moved the mile and took over their building. Not to mention that Bass Pro built a store right up the road, and Greentop is still going strong. If going north, take exit 86B, you won't regret it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
yeap, nice store,,,for some reason I preferred the old location,,,,,it was tight but fun,,,,,,

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
My in-laws live outside of Richmond and I've stopped in there a couple times. Awesome store. Well worth the stop if you're traveling up that way

zack1515

My Grandpa used to take me there when I was very young. Being from that area, it was the only place to get good hunting and fishing supplies before all the other stores moved in. Green top has a loyal customer base that will keep them in business for as long as they want to be.