Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Coyotes Are there really that many of them?

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by 2boyz View Post
    Good summary article, Greg

This "habitat crutch" has been used since the Savannah River work was completed (2012?) and is frequently mentioned in reference to the Ft Bragg work.

In an ideal world, a coyote would have eaten a woodpecker................................
    I was chasing RCW's on Ft. Bragg, when saw my first coyote in NC. Maybe, it was looking a meal. LOL
    "One does not hunt in order to kill, one kills in order to have hunted". Finn Aagard

Twelve Pointer

A lone gunshot will bring the pack or two that are around the area I hunt in Summerfield. One night we had 3 to 4 coming right up near the house. Unfortunately we were prepared to shoot them since it was dark. You start up howling whenever a first responder goes by too. We plan on shooting as many as we can in the offseason.

Old Mossy Horns

Quote Originally Posted by GSOHunter View Post
    A lone gunshot will bring the pack or two that are around the area I hunt in Summerfield. One night we had 3 to 4 coming right up near the house. Unfortunately we were prepared to shoot them since it was dark. You start up howling whenever a first responder goes by too. We plan on shooting as many as we can in the offseason.
    help me understand that first sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by oldest school View Post
    help me understand that first sentence?
    Think he means that theyre conditioned to associate a lone shot as a hunter downing a free meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by TravisLH View Post
    Think he means that theyre conditioned to associate a lone shot as a hunter downing a free meal.

That's correct! Very smart animals.

Twelve Pointer

A good coyote is a dead coyote....

I drive close to 4000 miles a month all over nc. I've noticed more and more dead alongside the road. It has always amazed me how smart they are. I shoot everyone i see. I've killed 2 and wounded 1. I've seen a total of amount 10 and spend a good amount of time in the woods. The most effective way to kill them is with a good trapper...

Problem is that coyotes are worth more alive to fox pens than there pelt is worth in fur price so a lot of them that are trapped are sold to the live market and you can't blame the trappers because trapping is very hard work so selling them to the highest bidder is a better pay day for the trapper

Quote Originally Posted by cloningerba View Post
    A good coyote is a dead coyote....

I drive close to 4000 miles a month all over nc. I've noticed more and more dead alongside the road. It has always amazed me how smart they are. I shoot everyone i see. I've killed 2 and wounded 1. I've seen a total of amount 10 and spend a good amount of time in the woods. The most effective way to kill them is with a good trapper...

Drove past a live one on 85 last night, he was in the wooded median and came out to grab a piece of roadkill right at the edge of the road.
    Last edited by bowhuntingrook; 01-20-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Shooting 2012 ELITE Answer