Primland

Has anyone hunted up at Primland in Va? It's pretty pricey but I am thinking of taking the wife up there for a Christmas / Birthday present for a weekend. For $389 per gun I want top notch dogs and guides and no bird kicking. Can anyone vouch for their birds? Did you do a combo, quail or pheasant hunt? Their website wasn't very clear about pricing on quail hunts so any help there would be appreciated.

wademaster

Haven't hunted there but I've spent some time in the place. As we drove to our cabin for the night we saw birds running up the roads and were hardly wild acting. I got out and you could all but pick one up. Can't remember what bird it was though.

Sent from my kayak...

buckmaster79

its a very nice place with outstanding views and awsome living quarters great staff and top notch cooks went there for a week deer hunting seen lots of deer turkey and pheasent just no shooters all week but lots of big buck sign shoulda took a climber and went out on my own behind all the plots they have didnt no i coulda did that till last day everybody that hunts hunts all the blinds and been doing that for years so the big buck got that patterned and dont come out the woods till dark .All the bird hunter was talking high of the hunting said they had a blast and would reccommend it to all birdhunters. over all great place to visit i will give it a 10 on facilites and a 5 on deer hunting pricing a little high

Just went in October pheasant hunting. They put out a huge number of birds and it's the closest thing I've seen to wild bird hunting. Mostly we hunted milo fields where you couldn't see your feet. As mentioned the scenery is unbeatable and the accommodations are top notch. Dogs were fine and we kicked zero birds to make them fly. Also if you go try to request " Junior " as your guide. Top notch gentleman and good ol mountain country boy.

Last edited:

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I was gonna say to ALWAYS get references....but looks like they're here!

Check on tripadvisor too.