Possible changes to the season ???

longbeard56

Have heard from a couple folks that NC DNR is looking at changing the Turkey season to a 3 bird harvest with hunting ending at 1:00 PM.
Anyone heard anything about it.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
I kill more in the evenings than I do mornings most years, SC is going to a 3 bird limit, but it will not do any good unless they bring the mandatory check in back in where they give you a card and take your tag, too many reused tags in SC since 06, .

longbeard56

Thanks for confirming. Heard it figured it was just a rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bperry

Six Pointer
It was SC looking at going to three birds but it was killed at the last minute. I didn't hear anything about the 1:00 in the proposed changes though.

There were no proposed turkey regulation changes or additions for NC brought up at the time of the last NCNWTF board meeting. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be something at the last minute but right now we don't suspect anything to be brought up.

Bryan

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
I agree 5 birds is way too many. However, I don't think many people kill 5 birds a season. I am sure a handful of guys kill more than that but most will get 1-2 birds.
Not basing this off anything but my opinion so I could be way off.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
When I hunted SC. I would kill 2 to 5 most years with only 3 to 6 days of hunting, some spots down there are overrun with turkeys, hope toget back down there this spring and see how it goes.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
5 birds in SC is ridiculous.

why is that??

the three bird limit in sc was voted down but will be brought up again, its gonna be one of those things that pretty much they are gonna keep voting on till a certain group gets what they want, they are also some season date changes in there as well but i have not heard a thing about the 1:00 cutoff. i think most folks want the liimit reduced but not the season dates changed. once they seperate the two it'll pass. but folks that kill turkeys will continue to kill turkeys and folks that struggle will still struggle whether the limit is one or 20. just makes more folks feel good to say i killed my limit, if you are out there to say that then why go, if so few people kill 5 a year then why do we have to reduce it? hunting is getting to be to competitive, we need to get back to helping each other instead of boasting to each other.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Why?

Because having a 5 bird limit in a state that has had a continuous decline in harvest numbers (and possibly population) just seems like common sense should prevail. For the sake of the game, not for bragging rights.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
AR is about the only southeastern state with declining harvests to significantly reduce hunting pressure.