About Fed Up......

302cj

Old Mossy Horns

Jug, I heard Ronnie was going to open back up....Have you heard anything?......sure would be nice

I just called his shop number and no answer. I know he works a normal job in daylight hours. Ill track him down next day or so and find out.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He's had it, 8 months now....and I'm fed up with the whole situation.
Hate that happened to you HC...and the arrogant attitude reply of "Of course I did" might have put me over the top!
Hope you get it back in good condition.

My situation has always been that I could never justify the money from my budget to have mounts made, and with just regular size rooms with 8' ceilings, really no good places to hang them anyway. So mine are mounted like the photo below...and if the guy messes up, I know where he lives, LOL !!

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I have faith in my taxidermist and he does an outstanding job. It took over 2 years to get a couple of mounts back but I know during that time he had some serious heart problems. I wanted his best job so I didn't push him. I now have one more bobcat with a squirrel in its mouth (full body mount) there to be mounted and I paid up front. I just hope nothing goes wrong. I don't want a half azzzed mounting job for $700 but I also know he does an excellent job and that he still has some serious medical problems.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
My first buck I ever took to a taxidermist I still don't have to this day.Guy named Jason Dudley (whistling wings taxidermy). Guy is an all around creep to boot....didn't know that when I first met him. I agree with bux also that you should not skimp on taxi work...I have used Jim Williams at eastern Carolina for everything i have had mounted since...and I'll never go anywhere else. Awesome work & awesome people.

Last edited:

Buckshot00

Had a simliar problem with a taxidermist. It was a fish not a buck. He promised it at such and such date. That date came and passed. He kept making excuses. He finally had it ready. I only put a small percentage down. Later he posted a sailfish he had mounted himself. So he was working on the sailfish he caught and not my fish.

Harpoon

Sounds like some of the "businessmen" in the race/muscle car hobby.

One man operation run by guys with personality defects that pull stunts like this.

One guy hangs up on customers if a customer asks him a price, another who works on distributors, puts them at bottom of the file (to be done) if anyone calls and checks on their work order.

To many taxidermists in NC, full or part time to be treated like that....I'd probably go get it at this point....can always go after the money later.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
I take for granted how awesome my taxidermist is. Cheap work, awesome product, and never had one of mine of my dads deer for more than 5 weeks.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
My first buck I ever took to a taxidermist I still don't have to this day.Guy named Jason Dudley (whistling wings taxidermy). Guy is an all around creep to boot....didn't know that when I first met him. I agree with bux also that you should not skimp on taxi work...I have used Jim Williams at eastern Carolina for everything i have had mounted since...and I'll never go anywhere else. Awesome work & awesome people.

Well just so you no Jason is still out there he just re-opens under another name. He has been sued multiple times. Showed others ribbon winning work even (deceased taxidermy) and claimed it was his. Offered hunts showing trail camera pictures from other locations but telling paying hunters the deer hasn't been killed. You name it he has done it. A lot of people have lost trophy's to Jason.

Baxter

Twelve Pointer
Red Hill Taxidermy does all my work!! they have Display in dunhams in sanford or asheboro maybe both and and also in Siler City Wally world!!! Give Charlie a call he and his wife do fine work!! 919 837 0261

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
As hard as big bucks are to get, I'm always baffled by the guys that look for the cheapest guy around to mount a buck you could be looking at for decades. I always use the guys I know will do the best job I can find, even if it costs me $50 more.

Having said that, my best archery whitetail looks pitiful. It was mounted in 2001. All of the other work that guy did still looks good. I guess you never know.
I agree 100℅ with buxndiverdux. I'd rather pay top dollar and plan on waiting a year using a top quality taxi. Way too much time and money spent hunting not to.
Less drama comes with top dollar/quality taxidermist too.

Last edited:

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Out of the stories I've heard about never getting your mount, I just don't understand how a taxidermist cannot at the very least, make arrangements to give back a persons trophy. Has to be a true coward, most likely its somewhere in a freezer he's just a POS and won't man up to the people he's screwing over.

Last edited:

JDL25

Eight Pointer
The last one I had done was by a woman named Diane Braswell of Diane's Taxidermy, 919-810-2222. Her shop is close to 40/42 off of Josephine Rd.

She had a studio that showed her work, it was basically art on display, I could have stood there all day. I could immediately tell that she was an artist and a businesswoman. No worries at all she did an awesome job in a timely manner.

You get what you pay for applies here.

ep427

I'd be pissed. Can you pm me with the name so I don't get caught up with him. I can tell you where I take my deer and he does a really good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
My last mount took almost exactly a year. I don't see a problem with that as long as the tell me up front.

That's my problem. I told him, I'd like to have it back, by the 1st week in October, he said no problem. Then when I called, the 2ND week in October, he said 4-6 weeks. Called him, a week after that time period was up, he still didn't have it done. He's had it, around 8 months, and STILL has it.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
To bad you didn't get anything in writing to that effect,,, in the western part of the state I recomend Wilderness Taxidermy in Franklin NC, their good people