A happy ending

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
As most of you who know me well know, I am not much on openly sharing personal issues. However, I know that I have many friends here and felt I was obligated to share with you the death of my mother. For those of you who were able to visit, she always enjoyed knowing that it was "one of those forum guys" who had come to visit, even if she could not remember every name. Mama ended her trials around 3 AM Thursday morning. The difficult times for her are over and I rejoice in her victory. For those of you who expressed concern and support for both of us, I appreciate it greatly.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
May the God of peace and hope guide you and yours through this difficult time, my condolences..

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Moms are good people and their successes in raising children are reflected by how those children live their lives. Yours did good!!

bilntime

Eight Pointer
Lee

My sincere condolences to you and your family - you did everything a child could do to make sure that momma was taken care of, and I know that her appreciation for that was beyond words. My thoughts are with you during this time.

Kevin

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Lee, my sincere condolences. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting her and will always have tremendous respect for the time and care you provided her.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Lee,
It brought chills to read your OP. Then I took a minute and thought about it. She was happy in the end and I only hope my children are half as supportive as you were to her. The only word that comes to mind is selfless. I still smile when I think about how she knew my name the first time I came there. My prayers are with you and your family.
-Jeremia

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
So very sorry to hear this Lee. One thing is for certain we could all take lessons from you in how to go that extra mile for our loved ones. Terri & I send our prayers.

Last edited:

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hey Lee, so sorry to learn this, I know how devoted to her you were, and what a special lady she was. Our sympathy to you and Brenda and the rest of the family.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Lee, so sorry, I know how devoted to her you were, and what a special mother she was. Our sympathy to you and your family.

bigblue

Eight Pointer
Lee, Praying for peace and comfort for you and family. Rejoicing with you that your Mama ain't sick any more...

Edgehunter

Twelve Pointer
I'll never forget a few years ago, "Ma" worried about me getting cold, sleeping in my tent in the ole hunting cabin,and by my self, I told her I had a heater , I will be fine!, I knew where to come if I did! I enjoyed evertime I talked with her and the lunches with y'all! I Rejoice with you Lee!