Suggestions for 92 Toyota Winch Bumper

buzzcut29

Good evening all,

Not sure if the is the correct place to post, but I know a lot of you guys run the older yotas on here. My dad has a 92 Toyota 4x4 and he is wanting a winch mount bumper. Something very simple, no need for the big push bars or light bars... Just a direct bolt on bumper that will hold a winch. I searched online for the last two hours and the cheapest I found was around $400 before shipping! Anyone have a lead on a cheaper alternative?

Thank again

Will

Last edited:

buzzcut29

He is located in IL, I'm just here on Camp Lejeune until they send me some where else! Hopfully not for a while... I was looking for a manufacturer or an online dealer... I can't find just a simple winch bumper, all the ones I found have all the bells and whistles!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Look at a 2" receiver front mount that you can move the winch front to rear and store in the bed or shop when not needed.
mine cost 100$ range

OnslowDeerMan

Hey man shoot me a text 9103891486. All my buddies wheel Yota's I may be able to hook you up

***Ohhh he is located in Illinois, I thought it was for you. My buddy runs Trail Gear front and rear tube bumpers, their front bumper has a winch mount. Sorry I don't have any pics of the front bumpers but they look pretty similar to the rears, both yota's are running the Trail Gear bumpers. (Had to throw a jeep pic in as well 😋) https://www.trail-gear.com/TG/default.aspx
b986829758d0ab267667ea2e19baaa66.jpg

96aa2d6e6f015294e23b286244f4c962.jpg

e9c995b19ecc79b837fbe638cd440ca4.jpg

Last edited:

buzzcut29

If it were mine Id be all about fabbing something up. My dad isn't in the best of health and I think this project truck is just something to keep him occupied. He wants something that bolts up like factory, but has a winch mount. I tried explaining the cheapest ones i found were in the $400 range...

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
A piece of 1/2" plate bolted to the frame rails is all you need. Also think about a Reese hitch for the front. Then you could use it front or in back.

OnslowDeerMan

A piece of 1/2" plate bolted to the frame rails is all you need. Also think about a Reese hitch for the front. Then you could use it front or in back.

That's a good idea, I've got a buddy that utilizes this concept