Browning Cynergy Owners?

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
Now that duck season is all but over, I have been considering getting a over and under to duck hunt with. I like the looks of the wood guns, but for what I do camo will be best. Paying close attention to when I am shooting in the swamp, typically I only get two good shots off and the third is a wasted shell or used to take a cripple down on the water. I would consider other over and under as well, but would prefer info on the Cynergy and what you like and dont like. Next part, anyone know where I could find the best deal on a new one or potentially a used one? If I cant find one, I may just end up picking up an SX3 or Maxus. Trying to ready prepare for next year.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
My youngest son picked up a Cynergy about a 2 weeks ago. Shoots great! He got one with the all synthetic stocks! He did add or put new kicks chokes in it for shooting trap. Try Ed's and then if they can't help you go up to Siler City to their new gun shop.

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
Ed's opened up a new gun shop in Siler City? I have been checking, but hoping one might pop up in the off season.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
You talkin about this one? My wife got me this one as a graduation present in 2010. I couldn't decide between the citori or the cynergy but due to the low profile look of the cynergy, that was the one I picked. I love it. I really wanted a nice o/u but couldn't bare the thought of putting a somewhat "mid-high end" o/u wood gun in a duck blind. I've had it soaked in the bottom of a boat chasing cripples, in the mud in Arkansas, and in the NC swamps. Gun and paint have held up perfectly. I have fired thousands of rounds through it and it is just as tight today as the day I got it. I will say though, as I get older, my shoulder isn't what it used to be and this year while out in west TN duck hunting, I was using up some leftover 3 1/2" 1's and I could really feel the kick. 3" shells are no problem but I'm probably done putting 3 1/2"s down the pipe.

As far as where to get one, I've bought that gun, a 725 citori and just recently a Beretta A400 28ga all from Reeds sports. They are in Minnesota (I think). There on gunbroker as "Northern Firearms". Every gun I buy, I exhaust all possibilities for the cheapest place and Reeds has came out the cheapest everytime. That's including shipping (which is usually free), transfer fee and $10 background check. Plus there extremely nice folks and very easy to work with.

http://[URL=http://s912.photobucket.com/user/kvle7378/media/IMGP1344.jpg.html] [/URL]

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
Beautiful gun Dark Thirty, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to have it hunting in the swamp and if I had the wood version I would be too worried about tearing it up. Every time I pick one up, I love how well it balances. The only thing that worries me is break action and reloading in a tight blind.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Reloading it isn't really that big a deal. The blind we hunt out of in west TN is high. Meaning when you come up to shoot, the window is about level with your chest. You have to break it down holding the gun up about level with your head. It was awkward the first couple of times but afterwards you don't think nothing about it. I can have two back in it just as fast the other guys shooting auto loaders.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
Just make sure the gun truly fits you before chunking down the cash. Doubles aren't adjustable to the extent modern semi autos are with shim kits and the Cynergy does have different dimensions and fit to it versus a Citori. To check this for a fowling piece the best advice is to shoulder the gun while wearing your parka and anything else you'll most likely be wearing when duck hunting. Close your eyes, mount the gun quickly as if you are snap shooting a passing woody then open your eyes and see if you are looking straight and level down the rib. LOP can be changed fairly easily but doing this also changes the DAH and positioning of your cheek on the comb and the distance of the thumb to the face...all critical measurements with a double gun.

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for the advice Apex. I have handled one numerous times, but never doing that. Next time I go, I will try that and make sure. I know the balance is awesome. Just havent had a chance to actually shoot one.