$2.00 a Gallon Gas?

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just filled up my truck in Norlina and gas was $2.09 a gallon for regular. Never thought we'd see gas prices this low again. Anyone seeing $2.00 a gallon yet?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I hope it doesn't jump up to that. Enjoying 1.97. Nice to be able to fill the truck up with out the cc authorization limit getting reached

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Yeah I've seen a couple places around for $1.99, but the closest gas station to me is in sc, $1.72:D

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Paid $1.99 this morning in Greenville, never thought I would see gas prices below 2 again.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Its all good and I'm all for the low gas prices. But I have to ask myself, what will it be per gallon say six months from now? Or maybe a year ? I have heard rumors about the highest gas per gallon we have ever seen when it does go back up, I hope its just rumors..

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Just filled up my truck in Norlina and gas was $2.09 a gallon for regular. Never thought we'd see gas prices this low again. Anyone seeing $2.00 a gallon yet?

Dang! I see I'm like you happy as heck to pay $2.07, just to find out I'm still getting robbed.

nc rabbit hunter

My town just dropped to 2.07.Last few weeks it has remained in the 2.20s while our neighboring towns were below 2.00.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I saw it in the 1.60's driving through SC. On the way back in. 80's I heard it spiked a bit with the King of KSA'S death.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
It should stabilize around $2 and stay there for a while, USA shale oil FTW, all that oil the US is pumping has crashed the market, and the middle east countries for the first time do not have the ability to change the supply side by lowering production......thus they are still shipping oil at the lower prices cause if they don't someone else will get the money since there is more than enough oil in the supply chain. In all honesty we don't want to see it drop to much further since a large part of the economy recovery we have seen since 2007 has been in the energy sector ( Dems hate that lol) but if the price falls to far then shale oil ends up not being profitable and all those folks in ND and other areas that have seen a huge spike due to this oil boom get let go and all of a sudden its 2007 all over again. It will creep back up over the summer too but I doubt we see $3 gas again without a major disruption to the supply somewhere.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
IT's been 1.98-2.00 here for about a week. Never thought I'd see it less than 2.50 again in my lifetime. Hope it stays low, but I ain't holding my breath.