$2.00 a Gallon Gas?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Just a tease...it will be back over 3.50 by summer.

I'd probably take that bet.

I'd imagine our Prez is over in SA right now trying to make sure that doesn't happen. OPEC dang sure affects our gas prices, anyone who thinks not has not read anything I have for many years.

If one thinks about it like I do, it all makes sense. Stock market hitting all time highs. Major, well known Companies are posting record profits. The stats the MSM use on unemployment say it's dropping to it's lowest in years. Private employment is "rising". Wars are winding down. Economic growth according to the MSM has grown more than it has in years.

And yet the currest prez not long ago had an approval rating lower than his predecessor who had "the opposite" of the above.

Now the price of oil is down. WAY WAY down. Can't deny that. And FINALLY, it seems (according to the MSM), our current Prez's approval rating is "all of the sudden" rising from the cellar. I think this is all about "legacy", and approval ratings. Thats why I think it will stay below $3.00, maybe even lower until 2016 Novemberish.

I can't tell you how many people Told me back in 2008, 2009 how they "wish is was back to the good old days like GWB's last day in office when it was $1.87 per gallon". Of course they seemed to have forgotten the Meteoric rise it had in the months/years prior to that "sudden" drop on election day :rolleyes: (you can see election day right there on the chart!)

What I'm trying to say is I believe it's heavily political. And that's why we've gone through 6 years of high gas prices, and will again regardless of who wins the next election. I mean, what is someone going to do? Go to South Dakota on a platform of RAISING oil prices to keep those people working?!

Add years of people pinching on gas and getting better mileage or buying better mpg vehicles and now fewer gallons sold hurts the NC tax collectors, so expect to see that tax rise.

Don't get me started lol.

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
There here are 2 sheetz stations within 6-7 miles from our house. One has 87 for $1.89, the other $2.09. I can see a few cents difference but wow 20 cents!!! I don't get it.

Datrip

Six Pointer
STILL over $2 here in Lenoir....ridiculous as the majority of you folks are paying less than $2. Here is something that will make you scratch your head.....

My son lives in Portland, OR. He text me a pic of his receipt for filling-up his SUV last night. He paid $1.75/gallon. What is the big deal about that you may ask? This....you CANNOT pump your own gas in Portland, it is against the law. So he paid the above price for someone else to pump the gas. Unbelievable, eh?

LeGrande

Folks that do really get the classified information dont typically go to public message forums and announce it. Lol, he's probably in the service and heard a rumor or has a buddy thats a security guard at some oil company.

Partially right. Been in the Marines for 18 years now, but I do not know anyone who works for an oil company.

95% of the classified briefs we attend are not really classified. However, if the original information was classified then all derivatives of that information are also classified. It is actually really a pain in the :donk:donk:donk. If you had a 150 page document and one paragraph was classified then the whole document would be classified. If you removed the paragraph or wrote another paper about the original and left out the classified information, it is still considered classified until an original classification authority declassified it. However, since there are only seven OCA's in the Department of the Navy, good luck.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
STILL over $2 here in Lenoir....ridiculous as the majority of you folks are paying less than $2. Here is something that will make you scratch your head.....

You are not the only one. We have the Cary/Apex premium tacked onto gas prices. It's always higher here than surrounding areas. The stations near me are selling it at $2.15. I get my gas in Garner.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
On the coast here I still have not seen any gas under 2 bucks per gallon. In most places its 2.03-2.04, some places still 2.15...

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There here are 2 sheetz stations within 6-7 miles from our house. One has 87 for $1.89, the other $2.09. I can see a few cents difference but wow 20 cents!!! I don't get it.

All of the major gas companies set prices for individual stations based on a variety of factors, including geographic location, the local economy and what their competitors are doing. Thats why gas just off the interstate is more expensive then ten miles from the interstate, and why the price in an economically prosperous area like Cary is higher than say, Youngsville. They have it narrowed down to which zip code can economically "afford" a higher price.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Evidently Beulaville is Rolling in Cash. $2.09 there this morning and it's usually cheaper in Richlands and Jacksonville.. I paid $2.05 in Rocky Point this morning and the station here at the office is about a nickle to dime higher.