Tar River Shad

cellaway1

Button Buck
I have not heard of any in the Tar yet but like coondog said it shouldn't be long. Maybe the water level will drop some and we will have more people giving it a shot.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I have not heard of any in the Tar yet but like coondog said it shouldn't be long. Maybe the water level will drop some and we will have more people giving it a shot.

With another decent rain event coming in monday I wouldn't expect the water to come down too much. Its been high since xmas it seems.

cellaway1

Button Buck
Well I thought with the rain moving in tomorrow and the decent temps today I'd cast for some shad. Water temp was 39-40 and the current moving rather fast I was skunked but still a nice day to be fishing.

JD1107

No shad today but did catch a few yellow perch. Water level is almost back down to normal

moondoggy

Hunting club buddy of mine was eneterd in a local shad derby contest in the Tarboro/Edgecombe county area. Prizes awarded for the first shad caught within certain bounderies of the Tar River. He won by hooking up with the first Hickory on Feb 4th around the Old Sparta area. No other reports but should pick up once the water clears.