Love

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
My dad and I were having a conversation about love. We were talking about muslims in particular. How can we love muslims when they hate us so much? Again, I feel that the word LOVE is too often misunderstood. Love is an action word. It is not the feeling that you have for somebody very close to you like your wife or kids.

If you found a person that was hurt, or witnessed a person get hurt, most people would lend aide without asking if they were muslim or Christian or Jewish or atheist and without caring about the color of their skin. That does not mean that you have to like them, spend time with them or have a warm fuzzy feeling about them. This is the kind of love that was being referred to in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree, Banjo. I don't think I could live with myself if I was able to help someone as you described, and didn't...even a UNC fan.;)

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
John 15:17-27 is one, if not the most important scripture for our times.
Indeed it can be the most difficult, but also the most rewarding to try and follow. The scripture is not a "request", but one of the very few commandments that we are given for everyday life. There's no mistaking the content, translation or message that this scripture is demanding of all Christians.
I, for one, need to be reminded often just how important this commandment is to our lives.