Shedding....

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Of the couple bucks I have been able to get on camera, they have shed their antlers. No mature deer, just young ones so maybe the next couple weeks I will have to get out into some thickets and check around to see if I can find anything.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Only one buck out of every one I have been getting on camera.....100+ pics a night....a dozen bucks or so.......only 1 has dropped 1 side.....in JoCo

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Well....he has dropped the other side now.....he keeps that back right foot up so he is easy to spot....
bc1a09c9fade5a5c7f0288bb46a83d3e.jpg
398f90398e820a145bb72016aab5b4eb.jpg
here he is with one side..
9355454065ec8600d2a07ba13a191950.jpg
758c4dccaef90022575ef6ba32b65e3b.jpg

cd951f4a729159f9aed6a37638b24589.jpg

Both sides

69db3b96db9611daf5382cdb6e9f0751.jpg

Last edited:

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Last camera check was 1-30 and all my bucks were still holding. Next few weeks they should start dropping.

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
Yessir he is.....had a busted front right knee all season....just started putting weight on it 2 weeks ago....and then started running off every buck that came to the corn.....hoping the injury doesn't mess up his antlers next year....
26b5106dbc5cd57390190d4f7e850f16.jpg

Could be the messed up antler turns out really cool!!!!! I'm with lb. I want to hunt with mo!!!!! Hopefully his pooper is over the gall bladder thing by hunting season or I'm out! :)

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
All is well with the pooper GB....thanks for the concern...Lol....I just hope they all stay put....as of lastnight the only buck I haven't seen in a while is a nice 9....he hasn't shown up in couple weeks.....but this property is A no go on hunting with me...myself and the owner are trying our best to grow and kill a beast or 2....can't take anyone here. Looking forward to this summer and seeing who is still here and what they grow in to

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
All is well with the pooper GB....thanks for the concern...Lol....I just hope they all stay put....as of lastnight the only buck I haven't seen in a while is a nice 9....he hasn't shown up in couple weeks.....but this property is A no go on hunting with me...myself and the owner are trying our best to grow and kill a beast or 2....can't take anyone here. Looking forward to this summer and seeing who is still here and what they grow in to

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats what they all say. ;)

Bluestreak

WGI_0304.jpg

I have a wide 6 pointer still with antlers as of a couple days ago. He was hanging out with a 8 pointer from the summer until urban archery. I ended up getting the 8 pointer in early UA here in Huntersville. What's interesting, he didn't have a broken tine until last week. I haven't noticed any bucks with dropped antlers yet.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Mo I thought all your deer died of ehd
Seriously? Never said all......and all 3 does that were shot this year on this farm were survivors......several of the bucks I have on camera are as well....with nearly all of them limping and having cracked hooves.....but this is on the farm that wasn't hit nearly as hard.......the other spot...the one I have posted about......10 miles from here...was decimated. ....

Last edited:

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
ce9b9ae4150a2db001ba1b3b9b7df983.jpg
64deefa9b0693bc97235c5b67e781c9d.jpg

every buck we got, except for the one I posted earlier, are still holding on.....there are 9 others that aren't pictured.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
dang mo! you get more, and better, bucks in one picture than i see in an entire season! all this whining about ehd...what youre really doin is convincing people not to hunt around you, a fished out trout stream so to speak :D JK i believe its evey bit as bad as you guys say it is if not worse. Hopefully your herds make one heck of a comeback before next season

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Saw a decent half rack 8 today on a test drive. Right side was shed but left side looked pretty good. The astonishing thing about this is that I actually SAW a deer in Franklin County. Woohoo.....They ain't all dead.:greenjump: