Waterfowl Shotgun

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
I have an A400. Been a great gun. You can shoot 3.5 inch shells with much less kick. I don't shoot 3.5 very often (Usually 3) but it's nice to have. Performed great last season with zero problems and I'm not that great about regular cleanings. I will say, for the price of that gun I expected the camo to hold up a little better than it has. Got some chipping around the receiver and some other misc. spots. I'm kinda picky though.

Last edited:

Sawyer205

Six Pointer
I have a number of friends that are duck guides and many of them shoot the Weatherby. They tell me that it is light, fits them and has been a durable gun to date

My son will be getting the Weatherby Youth Model for sure......... I'm leaning that way for me as well, but I still haven't held the Franchi.......

gone_huntin

Four Pointer
Keep an eye on the Remington V3 due out this summer. It's a 3in. version of the Versamax. Retail in black is gonna be around 700-750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCzsqx95AEc

The V3 is what I'm possibly considering. Usually I shoot an older 1100 that belonged to my grandfather, but I've scratched it in a few places and worry too much about damaging it while hunting due to its sentimental value. May also just get a used 1100 that way I won't worry as much. V3 isn't a bad deal for a brand new gun, though.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
I have a 391 and love it also have shot the stoger m3500 also good gun but if I had my choice I would but an older used a5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk