Harold E. Grubbs (Tightline)

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
I sure did not want to read this. RIP my friend, you were loved, respected, and appreciated for the man that you were. May God bless the family with peace, comfort, and love.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Sad to hear. Prayers for Harold and his family. I always (as I'm sure others did) enjoy his straight forward, no-nonsense comments on this forum. RIP.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wow..this hits hard, what a shock. We're gonna miss you ol feller. The forum ain't gonna be the same.
Prayers sent for the family.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm sorry to hear this.... I enjoyed the opportunities to hunt and talk with Tightline over the years. My thoughts and prayers are with Jug and his family.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Not good news at all......I am going to miss the random PM 's here and there from that old man......we clashed a time or two but more often than not had great conversation. .....he will be missed.....Prayers sent Jug....hope God will bring peace and healing in this time of need. RIP Tightline.....Thank You...

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
It was with deep regret that I learned of this yesterday but I wasn't sure if I should announce the death of someone who had become such a respected friend. What is really shocking is that the first two members of the forum I met in person was NC Oldtimer (Randy) and Tightline (Harold). Instantly they both became cherished friends and that friendship never faltered. Yesterday I believe that God received another "best of the best". I had the utmost respect for both of them because they both served as ground troops in Viet Nam and there can be no greater honor or sacrifice than to place their lives on the line in defense of their nations defense. My only regret is that I did not get to spend more time with both of them. We often talked of getting together but did so far to infrequently.

A lesson learned. Don't put off things you should do because you never know the future.

My sincere condolences go out to the Grubb family.

RIP Harold, you have earned that.

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I just knew he would pull thru but I guess it was his time.
Sorry for your loss Jug, Sinker and the rest of y'all's family.

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
Total shock..and at a loss of words. This hurts...God has gained a dang good man, I'm gonna miss that ole rascal. jug, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Prayers Sent to the Grubbs Family. I always like Tightline and his no non sense approach...RIP Tightline

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sad news indeed. I have fond memories of the times that I spent with Tightline and NCOldtimer. Before his passing NCOldtimer and Tightline were inseparable at NCH&F events. From the event they co-hosted at NCOTs to the GTGs they attended at Bigten's. I also remember the many nights on Chat where Tightline was one of the regulars on many a Thursday evening. We have indeed lost a cherished member of our community. For the life he lived, I give thanks!

And to those he leaves behind, you have my sincere condolences.

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Damn it, I did not want to hear this at all. I will always cherish the privTe conversations TL and I had. I wish that I had the honor of meeting in person and shake his hand. We lost another great one here on NCH&F. Prayers going out to to Jugg and the Grubbs family.

I need to go dry my eyes now.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
My Condolences go out to his family and friends...so sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EGrdneck

Prayers sent from ole red and the family....TL gave me a hard time lol definitely gonna miss him..