2015 Dixie Deer Classic

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Downtown has about 3 inches and it is very wet more like slush on the ground. I suspect the fairgrounds will be about the same. Fast food places will be open today and by tomorrow just about everything will be open. In the past everything would close up but these days as soon as the storm is over things scramble to reopen. The fairgrounds themselves I suspect will be a nightmare because unless they have a dedicated crew to remove snow it will be low on the priority list I'm sure for getting it done

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Downtown has about 3 inches and it is very wet more like slush on the ground. I suspect the fairgrounds will be about the same. Fast food places will be open today and by tomorrow just about everything will be open. In the past everything would close up but these days as soon as the storm is over things scramble to reopen. The fairgrounds themselves I suspect will be a nightmare because unless they have a dedicated crew to remove snow it will be low on the priority list I'm sure for getting it done

Yea i am a bit worried about all the 2wd trucks pulling trailers gumming I p the works

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
The inside is going to be a mess with all the trucks and trailers pulling in and out plus all the gear that is carried in the open to and from the show like the big box and blinds and other ladder stands.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The roads are just fine around Raleigh. They are in better condition now than they were on Tuesday with the light snow.

Edit to say that a coworker in north Raleigh says they got a lot more snow than I did and the roads was covered.

Last edited:

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
btw...Pinks screw in hangers are the stuff, I've been using them for years...

They really are, and he comes up with some great ideas. I bet he has given me 4 or 5 different hangers over the past couple of years. Pinks a great guy.....

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
I will say be careful in the parking lot in the morning, they cleared some of it but not all so I guess it will freeze tonight. Our booth is up and we are ready! After everyone has been stuck in the house I bet by Saturday it will be a mad house!

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
I was at the fairgrounds earlier today. There was a lot of slush. Overall roads are good. Use some common sense while driving and you'll be fine.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I wanted to go Saturday but we are having a school make-up day because we have missed 5 days in the past 2 weeks. Oh well, have fun guys.

labman63

Ten Pointer
Me and the wife are going this afternoon for a little while then across to the RBC to watch Canes lose again probably.

willch

Twelve Pointer
Just got back… Did stop by and see Conman, HR and QBD.. Easy to maneuver around today and that was nice. Came home with 100 rds of 17 HMR and cotton candy for the kids..:D

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Went there this afternoon.

1. Crowd was light.

2. Parking was TOUGH!!!!! I parked way out by the dragstrip of the fairgrounds.

3. If the crowds are heavy, have 4WD AND mudboots!! There are a LOT of places to park in the mud, and I suspect many will, but it's soft and wet so if you're bringing your honnie, make sure she's not wearing flip flops or sneakers. If so, prepare to park near Carter Finely.

4. A few vendors didn't show up. Some empty booth's there.

V. Bring your deer heads. They need them.

7. Bring your wallet. Didn't see a lot of "show specials". A few, but not a lot.

I'll be back out there Sunday.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
We are going Sunday, did not want to but my son and his friend who has not been already planned it and I need to buy some new boots so I will see what they got. Is it going to be worth it ? Where are the good vendors at?

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Any of you guys that shoot RamCat Broadheads they have a booth and pretty good prices on the heads and replacement parts.

nc rabbit hunter

What time does it open on Sunday? I can't pull up the site.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Look at the weather, they calling for Ice in the morning till midday, might not make it after all, sure not going to drive in that kind of traffic in ice to hear a bunch of turkey call,lol.