Appalachian Outlaws

Anyone here watch it? I must admit, it's on my list of shows to either watch or DVR during the week. Monday night for me, is about Swamp People and App. Outlaws. I know you could just about lump it with Moonshiners, but, hey, I just find it entertaining. Just wondering what y'all think of it, if you watch it or don't and why?

Thanks.

http://www.history.com/shows/appalachian-outlaws

Last edited:

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
I watch both swamp people and app. Outlaws. Usually DVR them and watch instead of day time TV.
Some of it is purely drama but other stuff I think is how outlaws really live.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. IMO, I think this show in particular is a little more grounded to reality than, let's say, moonshiners. Because, lets be honest, it could be just water in the jugs and mason jars? Right? At least with this show, there actually digging up the root from the ground. You really can't fake that.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. IMO, I think this show in particular is a little more grounded to reality than, let's say, moonshiners. Because, lets be honest, it could be just water in the jugs and mason jars? Right? At least with this show, there actually digging up the root from the ground. You really can't fake that.

Sure you can, digging your own plants,,act all sneaky and have a camera man along,,,,,,you really think they are taking a film crew with them while they are committing felonies?????, The show is a bunch of BS that has caused wild sang to be hammered even more since the show came out and has a bunch more idiots trespassing and poaching.,,,,,

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I find it one of the dumbest shows on TV. Granted I've only watched maybe 12-15 minutes of the entire series, but I'm a quick learner.

You haven't posted for over 2 months? Where have you been? I ALMOST got worried about you. But I didn't lol.

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
Sure you can, digging your own plants,,act all sneaky and have a camera man along,,,,,,you really think they are taking a film crew with them while they are committing felonies?????, The show is a bunch of BS that has caused wild sang to be hammered even more since the show came out and has a bunch more idiots trespassing and poaching.,,,,,

Reality TV about as real as a three dollar bill.:D

Combine_corn

It is without a doubt one of the dumbest shows on tv... What Southern person wants to get made fun of? That's all that show does. Makes fun of ignorant rednecks...

dsink

Eight Pointer
It is without a doubt one of the dumbest shows on tv... What Southern person wants to get made fun of? That's all that show does. Makes fun of ignorant rednecks...

I have to agree with you on this. It kills me how these guys are wearing all camo and sneaking though the woods and then one of the two camera men accidently shows the other camera guy standing there in shorts and a white tee shirt. This show is complete BS.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
The Rocky Mountain bounty hunter show is right there with it. Funny how they sneak up on someone but if a chase ensues, they have a camera ahead in position.

Appalachian Outlaws...Moonshiners...remember Myrtle Beach trailer park whatever that was?...Lizard Lick towing...Buck Wild... Also, the recurring theme seems to be Stupid, White People Acting Like Idiots "Reality" shows SUCK.

If we can have Moonshiners, why can't we have Detroit Crack Dealers? Big City 'Ho's? Wait, Al & Jessie would scream and the offending network would have to apologize and make a huge $$$ donation to them. Never mind. :D

bugg

Eight Pointer
I wish it would actually focus on how to treat the resource correctly so as to ensure it's sustainability. But that wouldn't get viewers I guess. Also, ever notice how they bring in dry roots that they supposedly dug that day. What a pile of crap. And I agree with PPosey, Blatantly talking about trespassing and digging every plant they find doesn't help the pressure put on the ginseng population.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
I wish it would actually focus on how to treat the resource correctly so as to ensure it's sustainability. But that wouldn't get viewers I guess. Also, ever notice how they bring in dry roots that they supposedly dug that day. What a pile of crap. And I agree with PPosey, Blatantly talking about trespassing and digging every plant they find doesn't help the pressure put on the ginseng population.

I know nothing about ginseng, but I have seen them countless times talk about leaving some plants for years to they have something to harvest later on. Also seen them replant the stem so it will regrow. Not sure if that is how it works or not, but they are doing it.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Stems do not grow, and the trespassers and poachers will dig everything they find, after all not their land, they are after the max profit.

bugg

Eight Pointer
Hank, I have seen them mention a time or two about leaving some young plants and planting the berries, but for the most part it's all about being an "outlaw". Digging everything you can on property you don't have permission to be on.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
You mean these shows aren't real?

Filming "Wicked Tuna"
wickedtuna_zpsmf73qkyz.jpg