Where to rent a Metal Detector

John Henry

Six Pointer
I lost my wedding ring a couple of days ago in the woods and am in serious trouble with the wife. Anyone know where I can rent a metal detector to use for a few hours? I have a general idea of where I lost it but not exactly. Help!!!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I lost my wedding ring a couple of days ago in the woods and am in serious trouble with the wife. Anyone know where I can rent a metal detector to use for a few hours? I have a general idea of where I lost it but not exactly. Help!!!
Where are you located? Can't see it on my phone.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I needed on once and found a place like a URENTIT. Sure that wasn't the name but some rental places might have one. If I were closer you could use mine. Sorry and good luck.

ksherb

Six Pointer
Contributor
I know it's a long shot, but if you will be anywhere near Greensboro in the next couple of days I have one you can use for as long as you need.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
Here's the deal with metal detectors. If you know exactly where you lost it i.e. the backyard putting out pine straw, that is a huge help, obviously. Also, a metal detector, depending on the type isn't necessarily easy to pick up and go. It can be like telling someone who has never used a computer to write you a report. I metal detect and use a Garret AT Pro. If you showed me where you lost your ring, depending on gold, silver, etc whatever, I could find it in minutes I can almost guarantee it. I have actually gone to find a wedding ring for a guy once last year, took 5 minutes. You can actually tune the detector to only pick up certain metals, so if you know what the ring was you can set it to skip over all of the bs. Unfortunately, I am in Raleigh otherwise I would be more than happy to help you out. Here is what I would recommend you do. Get on Facebook, go to the the Metal Detecting NORTH CAROLINA page and just post a message up. I would say 95% of the folks in the metal detecting hobby are very friendly and would love the opportunity to use their detector to come and help you out. Hopefully someone on there is close enough to you.

If that doesnt work, go to dicks or something and get you a bounty hunter, read the manual and set the detector to pick up whatever metal your ring is. As long as you know the general area where you lost it you should be able to find it.

FireStalker

Twelve Pointer
Good info by Smitty. The FB group can be very helpful...lots of good people. If it was closer to High Point, I know of someone that would be there tomorrow to help. He just got a new Garrett ATX that he is itching to use. Any idea of the general area you lost it at? 10sf? 100sf? 1 acre?

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
If closer I would be glad to help but a little far. Hopefully someone closer will be able to help.

My brother lost his last year while bursting firewood. Found it in about 15 minutes.

Last edited: