a3783a9f0bfb41cbb18bdc6e64f4dc6c.jpg

28d2cc8b68525d568a95f1c8e1ccacd1.jpg

2e39084aa8c553419ade8e57cd955566.jpg

17e0667062a85a654793e106754c62e6.jpg

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
do you make these to sell, or for personal use only ?...I need a high riding left handed owb for a compact 1911 and would much rather give my business to a fellow forum member than a store.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
Very nice work! You can make some money doing those or at least pay for the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using My big fat fingers.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
do you make these to sell, or for personal use only ?...I need a high riding left handed owb for a compact 1911 and would much rather give my business to a fellow forum member than a store.

Problem is I have to have the gun for a few days and I'm slow at making them. 6-8 hrs in that OWB. Probably not worth it as a business yet. Easy to do. You should try it out yourself. It's fun and you learn how to do something new.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Cost wise they are about a dollar or two each without metal belt clips. The clips put them at a few dollars a holster. I won't pay $60 for a leather holster again.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It's that 6-8 hours it takes you to make one that gets expensive as a business. They look really nice.

Last edited:

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Yes. It's fun to watch a movie and work on it, but it's not for profit. I have a template now for those two holsters and could knock one out pretty quick. Starting from scratch with a new gun, it's the layout that takes time. The stitching takes some time too.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Would still need a leather sewing machine or a small work force of orphaned children.