Help on my truck....

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Ok, Defroster stopped working, CHANGEd the blower motor, and now the blower is blowing but none of my controls to move thru floor heat and defroster are moving and NO air is coming out.. WTH? HELP please...

Dan in NC

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Check all vacuum connections, most vehicles use vacuum to open close doors. I have seen them with cracks, melted and loose or not connected. I would recheck all connections if the defrost, floor etc doors were working before you replaced motor.

Last edited:

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Tarheel.. Thanks.. Its a F150, 2004 4.6L..

Blend door actuator. Common ford problem. Can be a real pain to change the 20 part since in most cases it requires taking dash apart. Google it and check forum threads for common fixes

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No vacuum controls on that vehicle.......all electronic actuators.
Try this first for grins and giggles,disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes and hopefully it will reset the mode door positions.
Where is the air coming out of now? It has to be going somewhere......floor,defrost,vent panels or even at the cowl inlet.
I'm going to ask.........when you changed the blower motor did it have a fan attached to it already or did you have to take it off the old one. Had a customer bring me one that he changed out but forgot to put the fan back on.:eek: Woops!

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
We took it to the Auto parts store they replaced the fan motor and we put it back into the truck.. The air isn't going anywhere.. you can hear the fan blowing but it isnt' coming out the defrost, the vents, or the floor.. It doesn't sound like anything internal is moving like it used to.. before you could "HEAR" the door opening and closing..

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I have the same issue on my wife's 2004 Explorer
It is a common problem with Fords in that year model. The plastic part for the door has broken and requires dash removal to fix. Expensive fix and it will break again

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
First thing I would do is re-check the area you worked in replacing the motor. Could have unknowingly disconnected something important. Seems odd that another problem occurred incidentally to the fan going out....

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
When you switch from hot to cold the door vent will jam in those models and the 05 as well. Trust me...You have to flip the door open somehow but every time you switch from hot to cold it will stick or the vent is already broken...

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
dang, had this truck for 12 years now and this is the first time this door jamming mess has ever happened.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just changed my 05 f150 heater core recently.........put in new blend door while I was in there- new one has a metal band on it to keep it together. It could also be the actuator that is bad- change door and actuator if you do it. The dash isn't terrible to get out if you are pretty handy. Just don't go taking radio apart and every other little button- Only 6 bolts and a few screws to get it out. 90% of wiring stays with the dash and unplugs at the kick panels. Biggest pain is dropping the steering column.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would still double check previous work before tackling the dash removal......as previously mentioned in the thread

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is what the inside looks like.

88a609f70c14e4228597ff633f401e8b.jpg

460f944b2547f8defed2c7e634076e4d.jpg

b3241814aa66d0100d3cffb1832b463c.jpg

e4f40cb2180d02f0df8278fd3e34e355.jpg

3bd6d1c5816531414d48d954e2360ea2.jpg

4481f7dc8e43030316bfda4e2f037599.jpg

This is what a broken blend door looks like

Out of my personal truck.

0141df0e4c489e2b1c4d30a844f64750.jpg

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Are you having an airflow issue or a heating issue?
Did the problem start after the blower motor or was it an attempt to fix the problem?

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
First was the blower started making sounds like some thing was in it, like it was coming apart.. Then it stopped but I could feel warm air coming from the vent but nothing pushing it.. I replace that blower last night, Now I don't hear anything moving when I move the switches from a/c to defrost or hot or cold etc... Used to hear the door open and close. Now nothing..

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Again, recheck everything in the proximity of fan motor before condemning working parts...