Thinking about a tractor

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The ones I am talking about are straight Stiegers. Like Hawkeye said I think they have been bought out several times since the '80s. You won't see many on the corp. farms. Have to be individuals owning them. The only ones I have seen are that puke almost lime green color. I did see some older ones in the late 70's on the OG farm that was kinda caterpillar yellow and black. But the most of them I saw was that hideous green.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
I don't think my pockets are deep enough for a new JD, as much as I would like one.

I thought the same until I priced them all. Bought a JD 3038E 4WD with front end loader, 0% financing for 5 years. couldn't be happier. There will always be a case where you need something bigger, but this does 98% of the chores I need done.

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
I'd have better luck getting Congress to repeal the machine gun ban than I would at getting my wife to agree to spend over 8K on a tractor. We still need to get a vehicle that will transport 2 adults, a baby, 2 dogs, and a weekend's worth of gear. Depending on the purpose of the trip, my luggage is probably the smallest out of the 5. Baby tops everyone by far.