How about those youth day/week plans ?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
who will you be exposing to the greatest show in the outdoors?

I took a 12 year old saturday in SC. Hopefully he learned the value of patience in killing a turkey.

How about you: who are you taking?

I wish you all Good Luck in your hunts.

It is a fine thing you are pursuing.

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Probably going to be sitting in a blind on Saturday morning with an impatient 12 year old. Monday morning is looking like more fun weather wise. Taking my 10 year old cousin on his turkey infested farm. He killed a giant one last year without me. I feel like with my help it will give the turkeys a much better chance of survival.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like it is going to be a good week of hunting, got several gobblers located and my boys are ready,I'm not liking the rain forecast for Saturday at all, but hope they gobble some, I went this morning and all I heard was a pile of hens calling and cutting, not one gobble, but they are there, checked a camera and got several Jakes and longbeards passing by and a ton of hens,glad I got this place back to hunt it is overrun with them, I really hope they get 1 a piece Saturday but would like to hunt a few days with them as they are out of school all week! they have drawed hunts to go on also hate to not go on them but my private hunt has got more birds than the game lands. I know a few other kids I may take if time allows .

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Will be going with a friend and son Saturday. I am looking for a successful ending for his video. I have been with them since 2013 filming their hunts. It has been fun to say the least. So far I have three misses on film!! He is 11 this year and has more patience then in the past. I have located some decent birds for Saturday and will be out Friday afternoon trying to roost one for him. It will be fun Saturday. Looking for a great conclusion for his video.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Taking my 13 year old will probably end up in blind since calling for AM rain but I got 2 longbeards picked out and as of right now one is without hens and firing off its shame can't fill both tags first week with Easter break

BooBillings

Taking my 11 year old son Saturday. The weather forecast isn't looking good but he's off all next week for spring break. I might have to get sick and take him if sat doesn't work out :D. Good luck everyone!

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
I'm taking my 10 year old,,hope we get to hear some. I think I'm Going take him to Gander Mt and outfit him with some camo and gear Friday night.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I will be taking my 14 year old daughter Saturday probally sit a feild that morning in a blind due to weather conditions. Rain, feild, and turkeys equals a dead tom I hope.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Taking my son every day we can go if we do not kill one on day one.. but I am not going to drag him out in a monsoon on Sat morning either, so we are going to wait and see.

gefecht

Hoping to take my 14 year old daughter. Will be both our first time after turkey. Jealous that she gets to do it first while I have to wait till next week. Will be worth it though.

Downeast82

Button Buck
Trying to take only one child per trip beginning Saturday afternoon with my 14 year old daughter. Then my twin 9 year old boys after that.

Bar3006

Ten Pointer
We taking my 14 year old nephew. We have 2 great places scouted out. Plus he's out of school all next week so 6 mornings to hunt before the adjoining property owner moves in with his hired guns. hopefully the rain will not be a factor Saturday am.

cannot wait !

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
My beach weekend has been canceled. Taking a friend's son on his first turkey hunt on land I've never set foot on.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Probably taking my oldest to PeeDEE that morning and either both or my 6 year old to Sandhills that evening and rest of week on gameland and private.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Went to scout the farm I'm taking a young man for his first hunt. Saw a lone longbeard in the corner of the field.