Raptor in a backpack sprayer

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
I have a gallon of Raptor and 2.5 gals of CoRoN 28-0-0 Liquid Fertilizer,,,

I already have lots of Non-Ionic Surfactant,,,

Has anybody used Raptor to spot treat a clover food plot? I figured I would check and see if anybody had applied the calculators and came up with mixing rates for a 4 gallon sprayer

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Never tried it in a backpack. First thought is that is going to be tricky because the rates are so low.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Well I read alot, I calibrated,, I measured,, I read some more and I figured and mixed,,,
I figured 20 gallons of mix per acre and 6 ounces of Raptor per acre and mixed,,,,,

12 ounces liquid 28-0-0
3 ounces non-ionic surfactant
1.25 ounces Raptor
added 2 gallons water and mixed well,, then filled to the top for 4 gallons of mix,,,

Sprayed 8 tanks this weekend and all areas that are infested in the more invasive weeds are sprayed, have some more area that is just coming up in new Durana clover/ red clover/ annual rye grain mix and there are no weeds there,,, I'll keep my eyes on it and spot treat if necessary,

Chickweed and a few others are a problem for me because of elevation I believe,, It stays pretty cool all year up there,,, I have to hike a couple hundred yards up hill to get everything up there,, it's steep here.

Some weeds are already showing slight signs of ill health,,, clover looks fine though!!!!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's good to know..I checked my clover plots yesterday, they are looking great but the weeds are creeping in. I may have to use your hard work after you post that everything is looking good....

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
The big mats off chickweed are turning yellow and so are some other weeds after one week, some are just a little sick looking and some look fine. Clover is fine except in some areas where I overlapped spraying patterns and there it looks a little burned, I'll keep ya updated

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Update time,,,

I am very happy with the results. Where I sprayed the target weeds are gone, and I mean gone,,, there is a clear line where I stopped spraying, the clover was not effected at all from established stands to new sprouts that were only .25 inches tall. There are places where I can tell that I missed spots, and I will spot treat these if needed,,,, I am really impressed with this herbicide,, it is well worth the $$$ on a small and hard to get to plot like mine.

The mix I posted above and wet the leaves just shy to having any runoff really worked well,

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very cool, and great news. If we don't get any rain I won't have to worry about spraying mine, they are getting really dry and the leaves are already starting to curl up. Not a good sign when spring clover gets this bad, and summer is just gonna give it the ol one, two punch. I may have to replant again this fall.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Been getting plenty of rain here in the high and back,,, weeds are from knee to waist high in areas I have cleared but not planted,,,,,,,,,

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Another update

Areas that I sprayed this spring are still clear of most weeds, just a quick walk through with a sling blade is enough to knock down the scattered poke salad or others,, unsprayed areas are going crazy with all this rain, lotsa weedeater use