Brick BBQ Smoker

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
The same as you would in a drum smoker fired by wood. You never actually build a fire in there you need to shovel some coals in the bottom and direct heat carries it up to the meat. If it's too hot scoop a few coals out if it's too cold add another shovel.
Sort of the same way you would a wood fired still, not that I have any experience with that!

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Trying out a new thermometer this time also. My Redi-Check bit the dust. It was great and lasted for years, was abused, and I would buy it again. The only reason I tried something different was to see if I could get a stronger signal in the house. I would occasionally lose connectivity while in the house or mowing the back 40’.

I tried a Bluetooth one for a day last time I cooked. It kept losing signal even standing 3’ from it to anywhere I went. It was a piece of junk.

Let’s see how this works.

e923ea88395f0ba54127a9ef169a4475.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this thermometer and have been using for about 4 years. I recently bought a 2nd one and use both on my smoker.
And I just read through all of this. Awesome content.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I like this thermometer and have been using for about 4 years. I recently bought a 2nd one and use both on my smoker.
And I just read through all of this. Awesome content.

I do like the smoke thermometer. I bought a second meat probe to get the straight one instead of the bent one. It is spot on with my thermometer pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I have those same ugly crocs. I wear them daily. Went trout fishing with my buddies a while back in them and the temp was high 30s.