Smoked trout

jr72101

Button Buck
Anyone ever smoke trout in a electric smoker? If so what is the recipe?

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I did a lot of it when I was stationed at ft Lewis. I'll have to do some remembering as that was 23 years ago

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
It's been a looong time but my wife's step father used to throw some in with the whiting he would smoke. I have had some at a german restaurant a couple weeks ago and it was delicious. Sorry I can't help you with a recipe but he would brine then smoke.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't have my old brine recipe, but google it up easy enough,,,,basically water, brown sugar, salt and spices,,,some add lemon juice or other - just keep it simple,,,,,smoke slow with hickory or alder and enjoy,,

Southside

Ten Pointer
I don't have my old brine recipe, but google it up easy enough,,,,basically water, brown sugar, salt and spices,,,some add lemon juice or other - just keep it simple,,,,,smoke slow with hickory or alder and enjoy,,

Not to get I off subject here but I never new alder was a good smoking wood? Is it comparable to hickory in smell/taste?

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Black locust bark is a great fish smoking wood as well. Very mild flavor and it's thick and lasts a long time.