Morel Mushrooms

bugg

Eight Pointer
Hit a couple of spots yesterday. Found some good mushrooms and should have killed a bird. He gave us the slip somehow, but overall we had a great day. Got all the mushrooms cleaned up and gonna be eating good tonight. Ended up with 141 morels total.
ca838226ca5a45b5b1f302f605b51ed4.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
nice,,,,I reckon I am in the wrong area of NC for morels,,,,or just unlucky,,,,,,,looks good - enjoy

bugg

Eight Pointer
Well I have had no luck in southern Rutherford County but went back to some old go-to spots in Haywood. Wish I could figure them out in other parts of the state, follow the warm temps from lower to higher elevations, and hopefully extend the season on them.

Trophybucks

Looked for them in Randolph and never found one....can find plenty of poisonous mushrooms but not any good ones LOL.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
FINALLY found just 1 on our Chatham farm last week....NEVER had I seen 1 here.
Picked them often up in PA visiting cousins turkey hunting back in the 70's.

Last edited:

bugg

Eight Pointer
Headed back up to the hills this weekend. Hoping this cool snap and rain hasn't made them disappear.

HillBilly2

Four Pointer
Went out looking today, but a hatch of gnats put me back in the truck in 15 minutes. Damn things getting in my eyes, ears, nose. Worst I've ever seen. Hope the rain tomorrow clears them out...

odie408

Ten Pointer
I saw a thread hunting morels and didn't know what the H kind of critter that was, found out it is a mushroom that it sounded like grow in the western part of the state. Went turkey hunting this am, didn't get my turkey but found some morels in Hyde Co. This thread has me on the lookout now. Who knew!

odie408

Ten Pointer
I ate the morels lightly battered and fried, wishing I had some wild turkey to go with them. Now when I have wild turkey I'll wish I had some morels. They were really good! I'll be on the lookout from now on when turkey hunting. Or better yet I'll go morel hunting and maybe get a turkey.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I ate the morels lightly battered and fried, wishing I had some wild turkey to go with them. Now when I have wild turkey I'll wish I had some morels. They were really good! I'll be on the lookout from now on when turkey hunting. Or better yet I'll go morel hunting and maybe get a turkey.
You will find them in the same places every year or about every year as long as you allow some spores to escape. Lots of folks gather them in mesh type bags so the spores can escape.

odie408

Ten Pointer
After waking up naked a mile and and half from home on the roof of a little old ladies chicken coop then coming home and seeing what my neighbors posted on fb, I'm started to think they were'nt morels.

Trophybucks

After waking up naked a mile and and half from home on the roof of a little old ladies chicken coop then coming home and seeing what my neighbors posted on fb, I'm started to think they were'nt morels.

LOLOLOLOLOL.....thats funny right there LOL