Rampage settling back in

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Took Rampage solo tonight on another "welcome home" hunt. He was more the old Rampage I was used to tonight. He went three for three and did a good job. It was cooler and really was a nice hunt. Bat was one pissed boy when I left and came back though.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
His success (3 for 3) just goes to show you how happy he was to be back home with a good master. Congratulations.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Some dogs hunt different for different people, thats for sure. ive seen it first hand.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I think wildcat3 hit on the real answer. Some people definitely are more capable of communicating with dogs than others. I may be wrong but I'd bet a few dollars I could take Rampage and it wouldn't be long until he was hunting good with me. Not as good I'm sure as with his original owner but still plenty good to where we could make a good coon hunting team but only if I was able to keep up with him. LOL.

BTW he would never have to roam anywhere near as far from me as he does for NCCatfisher. If he had to travel 100 yards before finding a daggone coon it would surprise me. They are hiding behind every bush around here. LOL.

Last edited:

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
I've said it before but those two curs of nccatfisher's are the best handling dogs I've ever coon hunted with,and they know how to put one up a tree...I'll also add that nccatfisher is the most prepared coon hunter I've hunted with too...he knows exactly where his dogs are at all times.