AR gurus.....best upper to buy.....

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Well picked up a complete lower today because it was a heck of a deal....got a complete lower cheaper than I could get the pieces and put it together for. So now I need an upper to go with it. Not looking to spend a grand on an upper......looked at the palmetto state site and they have some pretty good deals right now....looking for a 16 flat top receiver with a standard hand guard. Where else has reasonable complete uppers.....again reasonable to me is less than 650......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If I was wanting to hit much if the couple of Colts I have seen lately are any indication of what is going on with them now I wouldn't only walk away from them I would RUN.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
You can pick up a DPMS 16' crome barrel complete upper with the bolt grp for 450-600 from midway depending on their sales at the time. As long as we're talking about 5.56, if its another cal you'll pay more.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Joebobs had Anderson uppers for 269 the other day.

I would build and get 100% what you want if you are not just wanting an out of the box standard and leave it that way. If you buy and start changing parts it can add up fast.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I would not spend a penny with PSA they have been screwing people as fast as they can with no lube. They like the rough ride....

Old Soul

Six Pointer
I'll second what Gadget says. I have a Delton 14.5" upper and it runs fine. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Best? WAR SPORT LVOA has to be one of the best.

<>< Fish

War sport is not in my price range......plus I would by a Barnes precision before I bought one of those......notice I said less than 650 for the upper......with that being said, I ended up with a PSA. I was in Columbia SC yesterday and stopped in to one of the PSA retails stores and picked up one of their completed uppers for a pretty good deal.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
This is the first AR I have ever owned personally. If I like it, I will pick up a better one and let my son have this one.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
War sport is not in my price range......plus I would by a Barnes precision before I bought one of those......notice I said less than 650 for the upper......with that being said, I ended up with a PSA. I was in Columbia SC yesterday and stopped in to one of the PSA retails stores and picked up one of their completed uppers for a pretty good deal.

With a $650 budget I would look at Stag Arms. Didn't see the budget on the first read.

<>< Fish

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah the lower I picked up is a stag....got a complete lower for like 200.....