We've got a problem!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
On the way out of the driveway to church this morning I noticed the grass was all torn up beside the driveway. There was considerable damage on both sides of the driveway that was NOT there yesterday. There were deep gouges 4" down with sod dug up everywhere. Based on what I could see, I had my suspicions, but waited until after church to do a thorough inspection of the damage. The ground was all torn up, and I was able to track the culprits from the wood line, down the edge of the driveway, across the gravel road, and up the neighbor's drive past his barn. No question what it was:

This is Mount Pleasant….Cabarrus County...there aren't supposed to be hogs here!!!!:mad:

UPDATE: There is a chance they could be domestic escapees according to a neighbor.

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
here I thought someone was testing a roto-tiller,,,,,,,

wipe them out,,,may be a lot of work for nothing but throw a trap up,,,,but possible they were passing through and won't be seen again,,,,,,

BiggestSpikeYouEverSeen

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Unbelievable. It is just a matter of time before they are everywhere they aren't supposed to be...

If I accurately recall a post from you from a couple years past, I believe you have the experience and knowledge to effectively trap them. Sorry about your yard. Best of luck on the pursuit for wild bacon if you go that route.

mike4592

Four Pointer
It dont suprize me there all around you in concord,oakboro,albemarle,kannapolis...Go ahead an hunt an trap but its hard to get a big hog in a trap...could be a boar hog looking sows might stay a few days an be gone ...if ya can see were its coming an going put some corn out an sit on it...this was from bertie county 20150425_074935.jpg

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
UPDATE: Well, I talked with a neighbor, and he thought that another neighbor was temporarily keeping some pigs to be slaughtered. He thought some might have escaped. I know that no one around here raises pigs, but I guess if he was holding them temporarily that is a possibility.

So they may have been domestic culprits. I'm not sure at this point. I recall someone having a trail cam pic last year of one from the southern part of the county.

I hope it was a domestic escape, and we don't have to deal with this on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Probably just a large mole/vole searching for bug larva's. LOL.

Better get those suckers before they start multiplying, they are worse than rabbits in that department. And they taste just like the tame hogs.

Luckybuck: If I had hog problems it's obvious that this is the way to go. Wow that thing caught them all.

Last edited:

chrisj0616

As already stated, kill em all while you have half a chance of controlling the population