A lot of babies lately

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
The board is full of pregnancies and births lately. As a father of three I am happy for all of you. The rest of us better be careful. Luckily, I am out of town 5 days a week or maybe not:skeerd:

PWR-WGN

The board is full of pregnancies and births lately. As a father of three I am happy for all of you. The rest of us better be careful. Luckily, I am out of town 5 days a week or maybe not:skeerd:

My wife and I are expecting this September. Just the other night she was tracking back nine months from her due date to figure her date of conception. Not thinking anything about it, she looks at me and says " That would have been the Wednesday you were at Conmans on your bear hunt"!:eek:

I had to give her a hard time over that one for a while.

brittonp83

Six Pointer
At our first meeting with the baby doctor he tracked it back to a specific weekend. My wife looked him dead in the eye before I could open my mouth and told him "That was opening weekend of eastern rifle season, check your math son." I fell out laughing.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
If you track my birth back, it was New Year's Eve.

Congrats to all the new parents. It would take some kind of miracle for us to be parents again due to age. Now I'm hoping the boys will stay away from the my daughters for a few more years.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
You never know, I worked with a 70+ year old who had a 30 year old wife and two boys 6 and 8. His wife was his oldest son's high school sweetie I was told. His oldest son was in his 30's. Another guy I worked with and his wife had two in their mid 50's after giving up earlier. Never say Never.

EGrdneck

At the doctors office now...Ashley is due in 7.5 weeks with our first....its a girl too so I'll need the coordinates of that boating accident that claimed all your guns and ammo last spring...I need to stockup

double

Twelve Pointer
My wife and I just had our first in Jan and I can not believe how great it feels to be a dad. I know it sounds corny but it has to be about the best feeling ever looking at and holding my little girl. I really can't wait for her to get big enough to go outside and run around the yard.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
It's all due to this climate change and the changes in the water. That's why we only drink wine and beer at my house. LOL.

Congratulations to everyone and one more time I'll repeat my advice. Enjoy every minute of it because it doesn't last forever, not near long enough before they are grown.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Congratulations to everyone and one more time I'll repeat my advice. Enjoy every minute of it because it doesn't last forever, not near long enough before they are grown.

This for sure,,,, my girl starts high school next year and my boy will be in 7th grade,,,,,,,, I so miss their early years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I love all these new kids,,, Job security they are.... several of my current students are the kids of former students,,, freaks them out when their parents give me hugs.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Make sure you take plenty of photos and videos. It is so much easier today. When my kids were born, I was using an 8mm analog camcorder. Just this past month, I had the tapes converted to digital. It was really cool to see my kids again when they were young.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I am like nchawkeye, I got snipped years ago. Then, 2 years ago, we decided to adopt a little boy. Now when we should be empty nesters, I am chasing a 4 year. At least it keeps me moving. :)

cmfireman

Got a 15 month old boy at home and the wife is half way with boy #2. I figure they'll just keep me from getting bored and keep life exciting!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Was July and August just too hot for yall to stay outside ?:greenjump:
Congrads to all the new parents and soon to be parents..been there and done that and now working on spoiling the Grandson as partial payback.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Congratulations and enjoy those new babies. Believe me time flies by too fast, my son is 18 and daughter is 13. Son is college bound this fall that definitely got here too quick. Wife & I are done, well at least I am. If she has another baby it will not be mine!!

deerslayer60

Ten Pointer
Was July and August just too hot for yall to stay outside ?:greenjump:
Congrads to all the new parents and soon to be parents..been there and done that and now working on spoiling the Grandson as partial payback.
same here my youngest is still at home she is 16 but the boys are grown and we spoil the heck out of my grandson hahaha the 1 nice thing of having kids young or early get to kick back while in your 40's

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
same here my youngest is still at home she is 16 but the boys are grown and we spoil the heck out of my grandson hahaha the 1 nice thing of having kids young or early get to kick back while in your 40's

I should be able to as well. My son is starting 9th grade this year. Somehow I wound up now having a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. Oh well, I had a few years of quiet before this. My youngest is a little angel and wouldn't do anything different if I could. I was just talking to someone at work who has a girl and he asked about when she starts dating if I would be the shotgun dad. I calmly replied no just going to walk her boyfriend past the 11 foot gator with the knife chunk missing from it's noggin and that should do.

deerslayer60

Ten Pointer
Hahaha that's funny I could just imagine the look on their face. any boy that comes around here knows I have several guns and not to do anything stupid

PPosey

Twelve Pointer

That would be different,,, I'm 47 with a 12 and 14 year old,,,,,,,,,

PWR-WGN

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait for PWR WGN to go on his next bear hunt!

**2015 bear hunt at Conmans for sale in classifieds**!!! Haha, that was cold ST8.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

cmcarter

Six Pointer
The Misses and I are expecting our very first. We found out last week (she was having very vivid dreams) so she took a pregnancy test and received 2 positives back to back.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Yep sure wish I made mine earlier in life, I was 26 with my first son, 33 with my second and 38 with my last one, a 13, 6 and 2 year old boys one of the best blessing I have had,I love them so much and love teaching and showing them so many things,seeing them grow and learning how to hunt and play ball,fish, shoot bows and guns etc. Being 40 with a 2 year old, makes me want to live better and try and live long enough to see him grown and maybe some grandkids, most men in my family do not make it to 70, some do not see 50, heart disease runs in the family,enjoy them all you can . Ther is nothing like seeing a younger version of yourself living life and seeing new things for the first time, shooting there first deer, turkey, catching fish, playing ball, hitting that bullseye with a bow and arrow,just being boys, life goes by too fast enjoy everyday.