Cva optima v2 handgun

buffleheadnc2

Well I got one and boy is it fun. Put a weaver 4x28 scope on it seems to be a good fit. Shot it today using 60 gr of blackhorn 209 powder and a 240 gr xtp bullet. It did well only out to 40 yds and did a water jug test with 4 jugs of water. It went through all 4 jugs stopping when it hit my still target though it didnt have much juice after the 4 jugs.

buffleheadnc2

6b3a6bab4673dd8df71878cf7ae9830f.jpg

buffleheadnc2

I think the 60 grs of powder will be plenty for deer out to 75 yds or so I can go up in powder if I need to but it sure is a pleasure to shoot with the 60 grs. I was pleased with it passing through all 4 jugs because I also did a test with my optima rifle using 80 grs. Of blackhorn using 5 jugs and it stopped in the 5th jug also at 40 yds. So no doubt if I had a 5th jug it would have went in to it instead of being stopped by the steel. The xtp bullet fired from the rifle was peeled back alot more but I think the overall all penetration is about the same.

Last edited:

buffleheadnc2

I got my hands on .451 hornady xtp 200 gr bullets and tried them out of the pistol. They shot ok with 60 grs but did really good with 65 grs of powder. Gonna keep playing with it and see what else I can stuff down the barrel. I may try some 357 bullets next with mmp sabots just because.

buffleheadnc2

200 gr on the left 240 gr on the right both xtps with 60 grs of powder