FYI... Iowa preference point time...

Bollweevil

Eight Pointer
Well the state of IA thanks you for your generous contribution....as well as the big one you're about to make! Good luck.

Thank you sir! I admire Iowa for having the steep price. I think they do a good job at regulating how many non-residents can come to their state. That's one of the reasons they are able to continue having quality deer, in my opinion.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Agreed, if tags were OTC it'd be mobbed. I hunt in KY every year and 1/2 the tags you see during season are from GA. I'm fine waiting and paying if the quality is there. Like anywhere though location is key, I'm sure there are garholes in IA too, hopefully the land I'll be hunting will be decent. It won't have any pressure prior to us getting there which will be a very welcome change. Best of luck, chomping at the bit to get draw results just to be sure!

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I have 2 points, but haven't even applied. I last hunted IA in 2010 and haven't been back since. Wife quit work and went back to college. She finally graduates and gets a job, then 2 yrs later my son started college. I tried to get my wife to move to IA, but she nearly freezes to death in eastern NC. She almost applied for a job in IA (Univ of Northern IA) and I fully supported her, but she spoke with friends familiar with the job and decided not to apply. Hopefully I make it back out there one day.