Got me a duck boat!

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
If it is doing it with two props I am betting you have your motor too high, cavitating.

That's what I am hoping. Maybe I just wasnt thinking clearly when I set the motor trim (manual with a pin). I would have screwed that up twice though because I lifted it out when I swapped props and put it back down. I probably looked 10 times to see if that was what it was but I am about 99% it was all the way down.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's what I am hoping. Maybe I just wasnt thinking clearly when I set the motor trim (manual with a pin). I would have screwed that up twice though because I lifted it out when I swapped props and put it back down. I probably looked 10 times to see if that was what it was but I am about 99% it was all the way down.
When all else fails pull the pin out just to check. Didn't you say it ran in the high 20MPG range the other day then fell on it's face when you had 4 people in there? No way you had a spun prop if you had that many people in there and it wasn't revving up like crazy then.

Your just going to boat U. LOL You will get it figured out. And I'll give you a heads up, somewhere along the line somebody is gonna tell you to put a dolphin/whale tale on it and say it will make a world of difference. Save your money and don't put the ugly thing on there. You will be pissing upwind.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
Yea ive heard about those things. Was already thinking about one. The reason I think I may have messed something else up is because when we were on the ramp and I was backing off the trailer the boat got hung up, so I hit reverse a little harder and the motor jumped out of position basically and came banging back down on the transom mount. I am thinking I might have done something to the motor when I did that.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All that was is you didn't have the motor in the 'lock' position, really shouldn't have hurt a thing but your feelings. All of us have done that at one time or another with those small motors.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
All that was is you didn't have the motor in the 'lock' position, really shouldn't have hurt a thing but your feelings. All of us have done that at one time or another with those small motors.

things is I am about 95% sure I did.. It just somehow jumped out. I will say though I did it a few days prior and it definitively was not in the lock position then. Good way to look like a fool on the boat ramp.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Good way to look like a fool on the boat ramp.

Best entertainment around is to sit at a boat ramp on a Saturday.lol Watched a guy back a boat in one day, he'd unhooked the boat before backing in and about 10ft from the water his boat slides off the trailer and bounced off the concrete. Dude just started cussing then got in the boat without checking it out and rode away.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
things is I am about 95% sure I did.. It just somehow jumped out. I will say though I did it a few days prior and it definitively was not in the lock position then. Good way to look like a fool on the boat ramp.
Looking like a fool doesn't hurt anything but your feelings, tearing stuff up hurts your wallet. All of us have done stuff like you did and some point and time and now when since I am getting old those looking like a fool things come around more often. Like looking for my reading glasses and they be on top of my head, or just pitching a fit because I can't find a wrench I just had and I stuck it in my pocket. :rolleyes:

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
Yea.... about that prop spinning.. Put the boat in last night and it was fine. Pretty sure last time I took her out I didnt have the motor all the way down :confused: haha. Atleast I get to take that new prop back and put $100 back in my account. (Ofcourse now Ill probably just exchange it for some new camo seats or something like that.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, you are now enrolled in Boating U. You just finished up the first semester. LOL

I'll you a little hint, grad school is expensive. LOL